Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Keeping track of budget

thegiver

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 11:34 pm
I know pen and paper is handy but I'm lazy to...
Any tips on keeping track how much u have to spend weekly. I don't like keeping cash on me. It makes me nervous around cleaning help or kids playing with my stuff etc.

Particularly need help with food household expenses and random spending like doctor appts and unforeseen expenses.

How do I learn to balance my checkbook? I don't have enough internet to watch videos.

Thanks in advance!

Teomima

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 12:33 am
Read your statements. At the end of the month, sit down with your credit card statements and make a spreadsheet, defining what you're spending at the supermarket vs doctors office vs utilities etc.

Bleemee

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 12:40 am
Do you have access to smartphone apps when you’re out and about?
YNAB is one tracking app, Dave Ramsey has one...

metacognizant

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 12:43 am
I use an app called YNAB (“You Need A Budget”) that has a unique “zero sum budgeting” approach that works fantastically well. Since I’ve started using it last April my family budget situation has improved so much— I know exactly what I can afford and what I can’t at all times, my bank balances and investment balances are high, and I’m saving for emergencies. YNAB costs $84/year but the first month is free and any current user can gift you a free month as well. You’ll find YNAB users to be a little culty in our enthusiasm but that’s because it’s so, so good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics