Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do you know anyone who died from Covid at home?
Previous  1  2

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:33 pm
my 9th grade student's mother passed away in her sleep. she was in her 50s. she just didn't wake up. they assume covid because she was coughing and it was going around the house then...

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:39 pm
Heart-rending to see all these posts

Eemaof3

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:47 pm
MIL

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
the novominsker rebbe

Was going to say this.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 6:59 pm
I manage residential buildings as a job, and we had 4 tenants who were discovered dead and decaying in their apartments at the start of the pandemic. Over the course of the last year we have had many more die in hospitals or other facilities. COVID is not a joke.

bobeli

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:20 pm
Ready for the tomatoes...
Many died at home because of the commotion in the hospitals. At some point Hatzalah was keeping people out of the hospital as long as possible (this saved many people’s lives) because the hospital was overwhelmed, ineffective, etc.
Some people had complications from the virus that in regular times could have been cured but in crazy times it was deadly.
By the Spanish flu the situation was very different, there where not many hospitals, doctors used to do house calls, there where many more deaths, etc.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:27 pm
bobeli wrote:
Ready for the tomatoes...
Many died at home because of the commotion in the hospitals. At some point Hatzalah was keeping people out of the hospital as long as possible (this saved many people’s lives) because the hospital was overwhelmed, ineffective, etc.
Some people had complications from the virus that in regular times could have been cured but in crazy times it was deadly.
By the Spanish flu the situation was very different, there where not many hospitals, doctors used to do house calls, there where many more deaths, etc.

No. My grandfather had a slight fever and cough.
We didn't dream he needed the hospital or Hatzalah.
Many others experienced the same.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 9:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had no idea there were so many stories like this. I genuinely thought so many Covid deaths were - though obviously primarily due to having Covid, also helped along by the chaos of the hospitals. To see that many were also dying at home - and younger people - is very eye opening. Thank you for responding. And again, so sorry for everyone's losses. Crying

Well the two kind of go together- people wanted to avoid the chaos of the hospital, so they stayed home, and died at home

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 3:55 am
yes, husband's cousin.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 4:04 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Yes, my therapist.

His neighbor saw him taking out the garbage, and an hour later Hatzolah was at his house. He was pronounced dead on the scene. His wife was also ill, and it took her a very long time to recover.

They were not very young, but not super old or frail either. It was a huge shock.

If it’s the person I know, he did not have COVID, but his wife did with minimal symptoms. He died from a heart attack.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 7:03 am
Yes, my uncle. Mid 60s. Had started feeling better that day but towards evening felt worse and collapsed heading to bed. His wife did cpr until paramedics arrived but it was already over.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics