Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Lipa concert
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

mag

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 2:04 pm
I think its disgusting that they cancelled the concert!he sings only 1 or 2 non jewish song and their not even onany of his tapes!his concerts are totally kosher!what about his parnasa??anyoone ever thought about that?imagine your husband had a job and somone took somthing realy big away from him?how would you feel?

suomynona

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 3:00 pm
Squash wrote:
and I don't want to get myself into trouble here, but more times than not this is what happens with issurim when they come out. or certain rebbes requiring certain types of dress, etc. I KNOW about this. Rabbonim are often MISLED, yes MISLED into signing stuff.

As I am told happened with the Indian shaitels and the ban on The Making of a Godol.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 6:51 pm
I actually find that Lipa tries not to talk to women, esp when they call into his radio shows he's very cordial but not chatty with them.

bigdeal

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 6:55 pm
Ok- my two cents
There will always be someone or something to bash and knock.... always.
BUT...
wouldnt it be nicer if we could just attempt to refrain???? I mean, really where is the LOOOOOOVVVVEEE ??????( I might be forced to bring the thread up every day)
Generally, our people, our nation is good.... even ppl who have made mistakes. Even they have done good deeds and gone out of their way for their fellow Jews. Lets do the same. K? We are ONE. Brithers and sistas!!!! Instead of putting each other down, how bout we defend one another? That could be our way of making a kiddush Hashem- and believe me , a united front outdoes ANY ban.....
LOVE. LOVVVVE. LOOOOOOOOOOVE.LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE. Yes

FINKEL

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 6:56 pm
mama bear
that might be true
but that doesnt help how the woman perceive him
they might go nuts over him, while he is not even interested in them !
Its what they call star struck !

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 8:39 pm
I really feel for gertner. I hope all this wont affect his career.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 8:48 pm
The sad thing is that this is the 2nd gertner concert to be canceled in the span of 3 months! He had a chanukah concert that was canceled at the last minute due to a lack of sales.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 8:59 pm
right, and when I think how imshildig he is, it makes me feel so bad for him. these ppl who are making problems, are making ppl loose parnassah, and its so not right. the same thing with dicci, and all...

bigdeal

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 10:07 pm
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooovvvvveeeeeee

flowerpower

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 10:15 pm
I heard shia mendlowitz talking about it last night on the air. 33 robanim assured it. lipas sister spoke about it there too. im impressed with how lipa and the rest are handling it.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 10:15 pm
also shia said that the jewish music is not the best these days and they plan to do a whole makeover

chayitty

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 10:33 pm
umm yidin is from non jewish music...and so are lots of other hits from the oldies..so its not a new thing

mod3

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 12:24 am
I edited this thread. Please refrain from writing loshon hara. I am locking this thread. If you something to add, please pm me.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics