Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
ISO gentlest dishwashing detergent for Lenox gold rim china

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:26 pm
I have Lenox china with a gold rim, the gold is coming off from being washed in the dishwasher. I started using the 'light' cycle recently, but I would like to change to a gentle detergent so that the gold doesn't continue coming off.

Any recommendations?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:34 pm
Hand wash ...

grateful2bmom

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:35 pm
The color will comes off in the dishwasher due to sudden temperature changes when you open the dishwasher. If you wash on delicate or China setting and then wait for a few hours after the cycle is done until opening the dishwasher the color should stay on the dishes.
Some dishwashers have an automatic setting that the door opens in the last few minutes of the cycle to facilitate drying. If you have that, you want to look in your manual and disable that setting.
Good luck!

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:38 pm
I’ve been washing my Lenox (with gold trim) in regular cycles weekly for 10 years and they still look close to perfect. Ooc what pattern is yours?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:54 pm
Hand wash.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 7:54 am
Thanks for all the replies

Regarding the sudden temperature changes, do you think it is better to have the dishwasher dry the dishes, or is that too hot for the dishes?

Pattern is Eternal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry