Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Bloody Mary Flank Steak

Amarante

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 11:45 am
This was an easy and tasty way to cook flank steak - the marinade both tenderized and flavored the meat

Bloody Mary Flank Steak

Excerpt From: Guy Fieri - Guy Fieri Food

SERVES 4 TO 8

Along the lines of my mojito chicken and Red Rocker margarita chicken recipes, I went on a quest to discover new ways to cook with alcohol, exploring its properties and its effects on different combinations of ingredients. As I created this recipe, I realized that tomato sauce, horse radish, and garlic all go beautifully with beef, and a Bloody Mary was something I’d be very happy to drink alongside a beefy main dish. The flavors made a natural marriage. I first made this dish with a tri-tip cut, which is easier to find out here on the West Coast, but flank steak works nicely too. The vodka has a tenderizing effect. The vegetable juice keeps it juicy, and the salt gives it a nice brine. Plus, how many times in life do you have the chance to name something Bloody Mary?

1 cup vegetable juice (I recommend V8)
½ cup vodka
1 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more for seasoning
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
1 teaspoon hot sauce (I recommend Tabasco)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground celery seed
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
¼ cup olive oil
1 pound flank steak
Small celery stalks and leaves, and grilled tomatoes, for garnish (optional)

1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix all the ingredients except for the flank steak and the garnish. Pour half the marinade into a resealable 1-gallon plastic bag and add the flank steak. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 and up to 24 hours.

2. Pour the remaining marinade into a saucepan over medium-high and simmer until it is reduced by half, 10 to 15 minutes. Season to taste.

3. Preheat a grill to high or heat a skillet over high heat. Remove the flank steak from the marinade and wipe off the excess liquid with paper towels. (Discard the meat’s marinade.) Grill or pan-sear both sides, then lower the heat to medium and cook to medium rare (135°F), 8 to 10 minutes.

4. Let the flank steak rest, covered with foil, for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut the steak on the bias across the grain and serve with the reduced marinade. If desired, garnish with celery and tomatoes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics