Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
ISO marble tray to use as challah tray

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 11:47 am
I am looking for a marble tray to use for lechem mishna and slicing the challah. I don't want the one with the handles on the side, as I think it may be harder to slice large challahs on it. I don't want to spend $100, something less than that!

Any ideas?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 11:51 am
I bought a beautiful small one. Very heavy. We don't like handles and we don't like when it takes up the whole table.
What size were you looking for? We use medium size challahs and feed just a few. We've never liked the big challah covers either.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Mar 04 2021, 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 11:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am looking for a marble tray to use for lechem mishna and slicing the challah. I don't want the one with the handles on the side, as I think it may be harder to slice large challahs on it. I don't want to spend $100, something less than that!

Any ideas?

I have the Michael Aram one and someone was by me for Shabbos and she told me she bought a sample from a stone place that does kitchens and bathrooms and they finished it for her and charged her very little

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 11:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Any ideas?

https://www.crateandbarrel.com.....D_BwE

https://www.amazon.com/Godinge.....LHXKM

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 11:59 am
To add, I have one that's handmade, bought a long time ago on ebay. It has a wood border and marble center. It weighs a ton and will last centuries.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 12:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I bought a beautiful small one. Very heavy. We don't like handles and we don't like when it takes up the whole table.
What size were you looking for? We use medium size challahs and feed just a few. We've never liked the big challah covers either.

This sounds great! Can I ask where did you find it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics