Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Flexible internet filter

bv

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 12:02 pm
Do you have info on a filter with the following criteria
I'm located in Israel
1. I think I want a whitelist
2. I want no YouTube but I do want to use Toveedo for my kids
3. I work in the medical field so I want to be able to adjust if needed but I don't want it like k9 which allowed you to turn off the whole filter as long as you have the password.
4. I want shop regularly with pictures I.e. next and shein and ali...

Any info would be so appreciated.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 2:38 pm
Maybe TAG can help even if you aren't local. Try calling them. Also their website shows diff options

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 2:42 pm
Hello bv welcome! I second calling TAG, I believe they have offices around the world.

bv

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 2:49 pm
Thank you for your replies. The problem is that TAG will not recommend anything. It seems like a matter of policy but because Im in Israel they told me they will not recommend anything specific so I wonder if anyone has experience with a specific filter.
Any and all info would be appreciated- I see Etrog, Rimon, Nativ or the secular Netnanny, etc Anyone use these?

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 2:58 pm
I think netnanny is what my relatives used in Israel.

Siriusly?

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 3:06 pm
bv wrote:
Thank you for your replies. The problem is that TAG will not recommend anything. It seems like a matter of policy but because Im in Israel they told me they will not recommend anything specific so I wonder if anyone has experience with a specific filter.
Any and all info would be appreciated- I see Etrog, Rimon, Nativ or the secular Netnanny, etc Anyone use these?

It's interesting that you say TAG won't recommend anything, did you speak to a representative of TAG Israel, or an American volunteer?

I am personally connected with the administrator of TAG Israel, and have volunteered there myself in the past, and they definitely do recommend filters based on clients' needs. For your specific situation, Techloq would probably be most suitable (assuming you have a Windows PC, not a Mac). It is extremely customisable to exactly your needs, and it they have fantastic support if adjustments need to be made at a future time.

You can install it directly from their website, but for more guidance with setting it up specifically to your needs, I'd recommend making an appointment with TAG from their website (tagisrael.org/appointments) if you are located in or near Romema, Ramat Eshkol or Ramat Beit Shemesh. If not, give them a call at 077-971-0000 and a representative will call you back to assist you remotely.

bv

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 3:13 pm
Thankyou Siriusly- that is so helpful. So firstly I dont know who was emailing me in our email exchange but they explicitly said they could not recommend anything specific. WE have a PC and a MAC and would like one for both but this Techloq sounds good. Do you know of something equivalent that is mac- compatible? Thankyou so much for taking the time to give me all those details.

Siriusly?

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 3:21 pm
Glad to be able to help!

Currently, the only filter that really works on Mac is GenTech, which will also cater well to your requirements (the main area it really lacks in performance compared to Techloq is YouTube filtering, which you said you don't need anyway. It does filter it, but not as well.) GenTech costs around $140/year, while Techloq is around $97/year
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics