Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Time senstive--Covid vaccine question

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 2:37 pm
I'm scheduled for the vaccine today and I realize that there is a chance that I might be pregnant (but too early to test) should I go through with the vaccine?

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 3:02 pm
You have to ask your OB. My OB said to get it even if pregnant and I know some people on here have OBs who disagreed

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 3:05 pm
Can you reach your OB and ask?

Personally I am TTC and I am not scheduling a vaccine appt in case I would be pregnant. If I do take the shot it will only be in the second or third trimester and not the first when all the organs are forming

However I do have antibodies so I have some protection against covid

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 3:07 pm
My (very natural minded) midwife told me to take the vaccine anytime, conception through birth. Other people disagree though so you have to call your own doctor and do what you’re comfortable with.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 3:42 pm
They told me to "check the CDC website" for further guidance but I trust the CDC right now as much as I trust the weather forecast. They said they prefer getting it to getting pregnant and getting Covid, I just got caught off guard with this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics