Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Not a Recipe

imanotmommy

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 6:30 pm
I make it in the crockpot, but can be made in the oven.

Put rice or potatoes/sweet potatoes in the crock pot. If rice, add water about equal to rice in volume.
Add chicken on the bone. Pour on some duck sauce. (It doesn't have to coat everything). Sprinkle on montreal steak seasoning.
It's ok to add veggies like zucchini, string beans, etc.
Cook all day.
ETA: anything in the crockpot that needs water added (rice, lentils) can require a different amount depending on your crockpot. I recommend trying it the first time on a day you'll be able to check on it every few hours.

Last edited by imanotmommy on Mon, Mar 08 2021, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

imanotmommy

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 6:31 pm
Coat chicken cutlets with mustard. Sprinkle with montreal steak seasoning or another spice mixture. Bake or broil.

imanotmommy

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 6:33 pm
In crockpot:
Green Lentils with an equal amount of water. Diced, crushed, or pureed tomatoes. (The amounts are pretty flexible. For about 2 cups of lentils, I've used a big can, a 15 oz can... it's all good.)
Add spice.
Add meat-optional.
Cook all day.

imanotmommy

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 6:35 pm
Brown ground meat in a pot or pan. Remove grease. Optional: add a chopped onion.
Sprinkle on montreal chicken seasoning or other spices.
To make meat sauce (to eat with potatoes, kugel, rice, noodles, etc): Add a can of tomato sauce
To make meat without sauce (to eat with chummus and bread, wrap in dough, etc): just leave it as it is.

imanotmommy

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 6:38 pm
Pea soup (this is a recipe):
Saute an onion or two (or three). Add a couple of chopped zucchini, a pound of chopped carrots (per pound of peas), a couple tablespoons of salt, a bag of green peas, and lots of water.
Stir it every so often as it cooks until the peas are dissolved.

Java

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 8:05 pm
imanotmommy wrote:
I make it in the crockpot, but can be made in the oven.

Put rice or potatoes/sweet potatoes in the crock pot. If rice, add water about equal to rice in volume.
Add chicken on the bone. Pour on some duck sauce. (It doesn't have to coat everything). Sprinkle on montreal steak seasoning.
It's ok to add veggies like zucchini, string beans, etc.
Cook all day.

Love this!! Yum
What's montreal steak seasoning? Can I buy it in a store or is it a specific combination of spices?

imanotmommy

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 9:22 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
Love this!! Yum
What's montreal steak seasoning? Can I buy it in a store or is it a specific combination of spices?

It's made by McCormick
https://smile.amazon.com/McCor.....r=8-3
(It's likely cheaper in a food store, but I'm putting the link to show what it is)
The original recipe that I got from someone else was more complicated. It had other spices in it, but I soon realized that the only one it really needs is this.

imanotmommy

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 4:31 pm
Meat (I used top of the rib roast) and BBQ sauce in the crockpot.
Try to coat the meat with sauce so it doesn't dry out.
Option 1: add potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, some liquid smoke.
Cook all day or all night.
Option 2: shred the meat with 2 forks. Put it back in the crockpot. Add some more BBQ sauce if necessary.
(when I shred it, I serve with tortilla chips and salads)

shanarishona

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 4:37 pm
Love!!!!!

imanotmommy

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 9:24 pm
Place frozen waffles on a tray.
Drizzle with melted pb (I put it in the microwave for a short time to become pourable. Didn't work with natural pb) and chocolate spread or actual chocolate.
Bake.
For the last few minutes, Sprinkle with mini marshmallows or cut up marshmallows.

imanotmommy

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 9:35 pm
Cut pastrami (or any other deli meat or combo) into small pieces. (Either slices or a chunk of meat works fine. Cut it smaller if it's from a big piece rather than sliced.)
Add a one a frying pan. (you don't need to add oil unless it's a lean type of meat). Also add diced onion. (about the same quantity as the meat). Let it cook for a bit, stirring to prevent burning.
Once the onions are soft, pour in some duck sauce. You need enough to make the whole thing sticky, but not so much as to make a soup.
Now, depending on the meat you used and what you will be adding it to, add salt and pepper to taste.
Use this as a topping for any starch dish. Mix into mashed potatoes. Top baked potatoes. Spread as middle layer in potato kugel before baking. Top potato knishes, if you happen to have too many in the freezer before pesach. I haven't tried it on noodles, but I would - maybe with some shredded cabbage added. Filled wonton wrappers. Make deli roll. Top pizza dough. Top hamburgers, hot dogs, or other sandwich.

imanotmommy

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 9:41 pm
Make a basic chocolate chip cookie dough. Divide it into chunks. Add different Toppings to each chunk. I put about two large handfuls in each chunk. (different flavored chips. Coconut. Sprinkles.) form each chunk into a log. Wrap with plastic wrap. Fill a large ziploc bag with logs.
Whenever you want cookies (or one cookie) slice the amount you want from the log and bake. Note: the oil separates from the dough when frozen. To prevent this, I use half the oil in my recipe. The tastes seems the same to me.

imanotmommy

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 9:51 pm
Cut chicken cutlets or hot dogs into cubes. (when I buy chicken to freeze, I cut some into cubes first. When I use hot dogs, I mix in a couple of sausage for extra flavor.)
Add the chicken (or hot dogs) to a pan. Note: using this method, your food will be cooked, not fried.
Cook and stir until the outside of all the chicken is cooked. Add veggies. Very flexible- use frozen stir fry veggie mix. Pick your own frozen vegetables. Or use fresh. (peppers, shredded Carrot, onion, string beans, broccoli, etc)
Cook everything some more.
Pour teriyaki sauce (or a mix of soy sauce and brown sugar or honey) on everything. Mix to coat.
If you like thick sauce, dissolve some potato starch in a couple ounces of water. Slowly stir it into the food until it reaches the thickness you like.
Optional: top with sesame seeds.

imanotmommy

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 2:15 pm
Dressing
Fill the bottle halfway with olive oil, and another quarter with vinegar. The remaining quarter is:
Splash of lemon juice, squirt of Mustard, salt, pepper, oregano, and crushed garlic. (I chop the garlic as small as possible with a knife and I use about 5 cloves per cup of dressing.)
I like this dressing on any salad.

imanotmommy

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:42 pm
Saute sliced onions and mushrooms (fresh or canned). . If there's enough space, move it to the mushrooms and onions to the side. If the pan is too small, try removing them and returning when the meat is cooked on the outside. Form ground meat into patties and place in the pan. When the bottom is cooked, flip them over. Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper.
Pour (sweet red) wine on everything. The amount really depends on your taste. I usually do up to one cup for a pound of meat I think.
Serve with mashed potatoes or in sandwiches, etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus