Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I overeat sometimes and feel terrible after..
Previous  1  2

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 7:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m so sad because I see that I wrote this thread over a year ago and not much changed.
I am conscious of what I eat most of the time until... I’m not and then I just loose control. That happens too often. I have a very big appetite and enjoy good tasting food too much!!!!
Recently I heard about someone I know who was extremely heavy and started to be careful with what she was eating. She lost 75 pounds!!!!
Why can’t I loose 10 pounds? I’m actually 3 pounds more from when I wrote this in December 2019.

Actually, if you gained 3 pounds, it means you haven't been eating that much. You're near equilibrium.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:36 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
What worked for me was doing a deep dive into the neuroscience of food addictions. Then, cutting gluten, dairy, minimizing sugar and grains, and aiming for low carb and adding in lots of healthy fats. Modified paleo. This drastically reduced my obsession with food. Then, intuitive eating just to tune me in to how unpleasant I feel when I overeat, and how lethargic, anxious, and fuzzy I get when I overdo the sugar. I literally never over eat anymore, and hardly ever over do the sugar. Just because of how awful it makes me feel. I believe it always made me feel this way, but I never really paid attention because I was completely addicted.

So what DO you eat ?

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:43 pm
Are you usually dieting and restricting yourself from eating these foods?
Maybe try intuitive eating. You could buy the book. Basically restricting our eating is what causes us to binge. Even if you give yourself permission, but you have food rules in your head or feel guilty you will still binge. Only once you learn to listen to your body and really stop restricting your eating will the binge eating stop.
In the beginning you might feel out of control, but once you learn you could always eat these foods, without having to give yourself permission to eat them you will eat more regularly.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So what DO you eat ?
Eggs, meat, chicken, fish, nuts, Legumes, beans, pulses, seeds, fruits, vegetables, root vegetables, occasional grains like rice, buckwheat, quinoa, oats. Dark chocolate.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 6:35 pm
OP I came on here to post a question about your exact issue!! I am on a very restrictive diet, but at the point where I can start adding certain foods back in (Dr Bo's Diet). still, I cheat every day. it's just too hard for me. I did this exact diet about 7 yrs ago and was so successful, but this time I guess I am more addicted to "bad" foods. I literally can't go a day without a treat of some sort. it's so depressing that I lack so much self control with food. I can't even tell you.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 8:11 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Stop eating starchy grainy fruity carbs and processed food. Like many of us who had out of control eating disordered have discovered, some people react to glucose rises by eating like maniacs when the glucose falls. Keeping your blood sugar steady by eating things that keep your blood sugar stable like protein, fat and low carb veg, can even you out. I had food in my mouth all day. I could not stop. Or if I managed to, I suffered, probably because I ate fruit even when I was being ‘good’ and it made me crazy.

It’s not hard to try for a few days. Eat what you want of fat and protein. Eat salty food. Suddenly you’ll know what I’m taking about. True story.

Don't you need carbs for energy?
Is this recommended for everyone? I don't think I would do well without some carbs in my diet.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 10:00 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Don't you need carbs for energy?
Is this recommended for everyone? I don't think I would do well without some carbs in my diet.

I couldn’t do that either
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise