Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pesach clothing for me
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:13 pm
motherhood613 wrote:
For example...

skirt: https://fameoncentral.com/coll.....18083

shirt: https://www.parnidesign.com/co.....22269

sorry not 100% sure how that combo would actually look in real life but the point was to emphasize more of an a-line style skirt with a fitted top. I also find that higher waisted skirts with a tucked in shirt/blouse are flattering.

here's another example: https://fameoncentral.com/coll.....00003 what the models are wearing is kind of what I'm referring to with the fitted shirt and flared skirt.

There are way more stores IRL than online, though!

In 2021 what store isn’t online?

Op you would probably look good in sheath dresses.

motherhood613

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:23 pm
[quote="amother [ Floralwhite ]"]In 2021 what store isn’t online?

Most frum stores or not online. And the ones that are - their actual stores have far more variety.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:08 am
The long flowy look is very in. You can see current styles by checking Instagram of the frum stores. c’moi just posted their spring launch. Didn’t have a chance to go in to the store yet so did not see this collection in person but I’m usually most successful there.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:14 am
Most frum stores or not online. And the ones that are - their actual stores have far more variety.[/quote]

They are actually online cmoi.nyc and I believe the online is same merchandise as in store
My personal preference is to shop in stores in general

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:38 am
Udelny.com
Beautiful things with reasonable prices

yiddishmom

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:39 pm
https://www.nordstrom.com/s/te.....cream

This can be a pretty dress although a bit more expensive.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 7:50 pm
Thank you ladies! I got some ideas from this thread. None of the actual links work for me because I forgot to mention I am dark haired and very pale and I look awful in yellows, rusts, beige, orangey pink, some whites (especially on yom tov with no makeup). So many of these didn't work simply because of the color. But I did get some inspiration and have an idea of what might work. Thank you!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:46 pm
[quote="motherhood613"]
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
In 2021 what store isn’t online?

Most frum stores or not online. And the ones that are - their actual stores have far more variety.

You really don’t need the frum stores this season to get float dresses they are everywhere.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:51 pm
If you’re in Brooklyn, I’d suggest you try Fashion Island in person.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:58 pm
Op I have the same coloring, what does look good on you? I find I love black LOL but also pretty but hard to find-greens and purples

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 11:00 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Op I have the same coloring, what does look good on you? I find I love black LOL but also pretty but hard to find-greens and purples

Black works but even better are blues and (teal, turquoise) greens (mint sage olive).
Leopard also look nice but that's more wintery.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 11:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Black works but even better are blues and (teal, turquoise) greens (mint sage olive).
Leopard also look nice but that's more wintery.

I'm not exactly your coloring but these are the best colors for me too! Can you pleeease post any links of things you find?

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 11:50 pm
I ordered this sage green maxi dress:

https://www.asos.com/us/asos-d.....01429

Last edited by yiddishmom on Fri, Mar 05 2021, 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 7:22 am
yiddishmom wrote:
I ordered this safe green maxi dress:

That's super cute! Is it for shabbos/yt?

To the other amother who asked for green and purple: iI saw H&M had a mint green midi dress but it would looo awful on me as it's a very old fashioned style, very loose and flowy. Maybe it would look good on you! I don't have a link but it has pink flowers on it.
I googled green midi dresses and olive green midi dresses etc and found some weekday options. (Didn't purchase because I don't need weekday at the moment)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 8:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's super cute! Is it for shabbos/yt?

To the other amother who asked for green and purple: iI saw H&M had a mint green midi dress but it would looo awful on me as it's a very old fashioned style, very loose and flowy. Maybe it would look good on you! I don't have a link but it has pink flowers on it.
I googled green midi dresses and olive green midi dresses etc and found some weekday options. (Didn't purchase because I don't need weekday at the moment)

Loose and flowy is the current trend.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 8:45 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Loose and flowy is the current trend.

Yep it just doesn't suit me

yiddishmom

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 9:39 am
yiddishmom wrote:
I ordered this sage green maxi dress:

I'll decide when I see it.

If it's nice enough then it'll be my shabbos robe/ maxi. If not, then I'll probably shorten it and wear as a weekday dress.

paperflowers

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you ladies! I got some ideas from this thread. None of the actual links work for me because I forgot to mention I am dark haired and very pale and I look awful in yellows, rusts, beige, orangey pink, some whites (especially on yom tov with no makeup). So many of these didn't work simply because of the color. But I did get some inspiration and have an idea of what might work. Thank you!

Im having the same problem with colors this summer! I love these light flowy florals, but they just don’t look so good on me.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 2:17 pm
Just got a Shabbos dress at junee, typical long and flowy which really doesn’t suit me but I loved the colors and print. I put in a rubber at the waist and hemmed it. Looks stunning all of the sudden!

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 5:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yep it just doesn't suit me

I hear you. I too am a 5’5” and a size 4. I am “top heavy” and all those dresses and styles make me looking 20 lb heavier and dowdy.
I forgo latest trends for what looks good on me. I go to regular store websites and I type in the search bar Fit and Flair.
I don’t know how to link, but Nordstrom Rack has a great Eliza J dress in spruce for $48.
I may order it for myself, but I cannot justify any more clothes!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics