Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Rav who will speak to a woman

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 9:48 pm
Looking for recommendations for a chashuv rav in the Lakewood area who is willing to sit with a woman and give daas torah on a serious matter. preferably someone older, and with lots of experience.
thank you!

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 9:52 pm
You should say what the matter is, bec different rabanim specialize in different things.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 3:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Looking for recommendations for a chashuv rav in the Lakewood area who is willing to sit with a woman and give daas torah on a serious matter. preferably someone older, and with lots of experience.
thank you!

Rabbi Blech

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 7:55 am
R simcha Bunin Cohen
He will not sit alone with a woman though. Either his wife needs to be in the room or you can come with your husband

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 11:19 am
Rabbi Tendler

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 11:20 am
Rabbi Weg

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 11:21 am
Are there really community poskim who won't speak with women? I'm yeshivishe and live in Flatbush and I've never heard of that.

tymama

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 11:25 am
Rabbi Weg

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 11:25 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Are there really community poskim who won't speak with women? I'm yeshivishe and live in Flatbush and I've never heard of that.

I haven't either, but there are rabbanim who are known to yes speak to people about pressing issues, and then there are rabbanim who basically work within their shul only, and are not known/open to the general public. I assume this is what OP is talking about. (For example, in my shul, only shul members would talk to my Rav. He's the small Rav of a very small neighborhood shul. Other Rabbanim like R' Simcha Bunim Cohen, or l'havdil Rav Gissinger zt"l, are sought out by everyone.)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 11:48 am
Rabbi Forchheimer (senior posek in bmg)
Rabbi tender (rav of sons of Israel)

Very different depending on what you are looking for.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:24 pm
Do you want to speak to a Rav in person or on the phone? Most Lakewood Rabbanim will talk to women on the phone. Not all see women in person.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries