Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tell me about Boston community

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 11:32 am
Dh needs to go to graduate school in one of the universities in Cambridge Massachusetts. Can you tell me about the community? Where should we look for a place to rent? We are a young couple with no children yet.

doctorima

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 2:21 pm
Most young couples your age are in Brookline or Brighton. A lot depends on your budget and what type of shul you're looking for. There's the kollel, an Agudah style shul (Chai Odom), a very popular shul called Tiferes Yosef with lots of young couples, a Sefardi shul, Young Israel, Chabad, and several other options. Housing isn't cheap.

EstyEF

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 11:22 am
I live in Cambridge right now. Moved in with husband after marriage, which was mid-pandemic so take this all with a grain of salt. We are both bt, newlyweds. People are very nice and there are a lot of graduate students, families starting out on their children. We've been defaulting to Chabad minyanim a lot lately, although neither of us are Lubavitch. I would personally not recommend Cambridge. Jewish community is really dispersed. If I were you I'd look in Brighton (I am trying to persuade my husband to move)many more Jews. I also find myself more frum than the vast majority which is kind of annoyingand I'm not extremely frum (See:BT) . Also becuase Cambridge is students it tends to be very transient. That said, I'd love if more frum Jews moved into the area. Sad Feel free to message me!

EstyEF

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 11:23 am
also just to follow up Brookline is EXPENSIVE. I mean, everywhere is expensive but just be warned about Brookline/Newton!

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 12:29 pm
Brookline, Newton, Sharon are all expensive areas to live. Brighton is probably your best bet for community and commute.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating