Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best things to buy at ikea?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 5:05 pm
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/s.....2974/

it's meant to go under the bed that we want to buy.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 5:30 pm
I love their rubber gloves (for washing dishes)! They fit really well for smaller hands and aren't overly thin.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 7:19 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I Googled the Ikea Jonaxel and it seems like I can set up a full customized laundry room storage system. I'm not that good at figuring things out on the computer. Do they have people in the store who can help figure out what customizations I need, if I bring my measurements with me?

Honestly I'm not sure. I know in the past I've had help with configuring a besta unit. I moved homes last year right before lockdown and I went to IKEA the day before they closed - I didnt go to the showroom, just picked up what I needed straight from the warehouse area, I had measured it all at home before. Also I dont live in America, so my experience could be totally different anyway
But I've owned it for a while and its great, I have 1 section for the dirty laundry and 1 for clean and dry, and even when I'm running behind on washing or folding, eth is still organised

I second the grill pan too, love that it folds for storage.

Funny story: when we were in Israel my kids really wanted to eat in ikea, where we live it obviously isnt kosher and they thought it'd be really cool. The taxi driver taking us was trying to understand why we were going all the way to ikea just to eat (lol I agree with him now!) So we explained that we wanted to try it since we cant at home. He replied mah?? B'emet?? There is ikea not in Israel?? Truly shocking!

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 7:22 pm
My children's favorite stuffed animals have come from ikea.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 8:05 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
The Swedish Meatballs!

Obviously I am kidding.

They are so yummy. And badatz hechsher in E"Y.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 8:11 pm
I did a bunch of browsing and impulse browsing when searching for out of stock items a couple of months ago. I am very happy with the king size down pillow and a towel that I bought. They were both from the higher end price of their product lines but still great value. I also got the Lack floating shelves and use them in my playroom for lego models.

asweet

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 8:12 pm
White board / black board easel it's 25 $ so cheap and cute! My kids use it a lot for homework and to play school.

lucky14

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 10:03 pm
I was going to say kid's hangers but see it's already on your list. They are the only hangers I have found that I actually like. No notches in them so necklines don't get stretched out/deformed and the clothing comes off and goes on very easily. Awesome hangers in case anyone else is looking!

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 10:32 pm
I love Ikea. No specific order but as I think of things I loved that I got there.

Billy bookcases are amazing, especially for the price. But you need a minivan to get it home. if I ever hear a friend is going I might ask if I can do a pickup order for the same day. Or post covid go when they do.

Shoe organizer. It has these 2 or 3 pull down sections to stick shoes.
Dresser- malm is great.
Basic screwdriver/tool kit
Blanket inserts. Down or fake down... Next time I go I should get covers for mine...
Lamps

Tea lights!!
Their brand of perler beads. Soo cheap!!
Basic kitchen gear. Some lasted better than others. Tea kettle wasn't great but ice cream scooper is perfect. Frying pan was nice too.
Small billy bookcase to fit in a random spot. Makes a neat small table next to a bed for eye glasses plus extra book storage!
Stuffed animals, random toys.
I got a desk once but that was way back... (We Moved so I gave it away as it wasn't worth paying to move it.)
Someone I know got plastic buckets there.
Also I think it is the kallax system my friend has With cloth bins to pull out.
Kids dishes.
Not all the furniture is particle board and some can hold up for a while...
I have bought so much from there over the years, I love IKEA. But I also enjoy the building part too. 😀

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:10 am
I love their spatulas!
Pot holders
Knives

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:03 am
Apple slicer

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:39 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:

Seriously they are badaZt there? I'm jealous!

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:50 am
Suction cup dish brushes in diff colors.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 1:53 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Seriously they are badaZt there? I'm jealous!

One of the two Israeli owners is chareidi, Chassidish. So the food is Rubin. Obviously check the prepackaged food.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 8:13 am
The only thing I really get there is the clips to close open cereal or snack bags. And my husband got this little coffee thing there.
Also if you need cheap photo frames but I prefer buying at Marshall's.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 9:22 am
Linen of course

And I've gotten pretty napkins in their store. And lanterns that I hang in my Succah.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 11:59 am
[quote="Iymnok"]One of the two Israeli owners is chareidi, Chassidish. So the food is Rubin. Obviously check the prepackaged food.[/quote
Incredible!! I want to make alyiah for many other reasons , but each day on this site I find another reason why life in Israel is worth it LOL

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 3:17 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:

Awesome!
Another check in the pro Aliya column!
Maybe this will tip the scale for DH.
(Unfortunately the other column has the jobs and B”H we have our parents, who are aging and depend on us- but maybe meatballs will make the difference !!)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 3:23 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Suction cup dish brushes in diff colors.

do you use these instead of sponges? saw these recommended online but wasn't sure what dish brush was...

AhavatYisrael

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 3:44 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Linen of course

And I've gotten pretty napkins in their store. And lanterns that I hang in my Succah.

Can you please post the link for the lanterns? Thank you!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics