Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Costumes in Monsey

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 10:05 am
Anyone know where to buy costumes in Monsey?
I want a place with a big selection and cheap! (is that asking for too much LOL )

montrealmommy

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 11:15 am
I hate to be blunt, but in a word, yes. Cheap and good selection is tough to come by. You can try the toy store in Rockland koher (good seelciotn on masks adn hats, etc.. $$ not so great), there is also the Amazing Savings on 59 - selection varies, but $$ is great. FYI for future, I usually go to Walmart on 59 or in Monroe or to Amazing Savings right after Haloween, great $$$ and selection (well, I only get if I want, but it's all on cledarance!) - also, stores like Kohls and Babies R Us have great post clearance sales! Good Luck!

Oh, a friend of mine goes to New Square, she says they have better $$ and same selection as Monsey frum stores.

Love My Babes

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 1:27 pm
or u can shop online. some sites are way cheaper than other sites, and definately cheaper than the stores.

MMEC123

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 6:19 pm
What do you consider cheap? O just went to look in Toys 4 u, Amazing Savings and Saverite. T4U had cute stuff but starting around $20. AS had almost nothing. SR had a decent selection also with everything around $20. I got a very cute costume at Babies R Us in October for $5 but it's too small for DS...I didn't realize he'd get so big.

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 9:54 am
$20 is really my maximum, I'd rather something cheaper. Oh well.....

MMEC123

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 5:44 pm
Look on Luach.com in items offered- there's a phone number and they say max is $15. Also I heard Saperstein's is opening up a special costume store just for Purim in the same shopping center as Tuvia's. I haven't been there yet but I plan to check it out.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 9:29 pm
save rite.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 9:40 pm
While not in Monsey I heard that a school in Passaic has a huge costume sale with pretty good prices. I know it isn't monsey but its not so far from there either. My friends went on Sunday and she got stuff for all six of her dcs and she was very impressed with what they had.

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 11:56 am
Thanks everybody!!

baseballmom

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 7:35 pm
amother wrote:
While not in Monsey I heard that a school in Passaic has a huge costume sale with pretty good prices. I know it isn't monsey but its not so far from there either. My friends went on Sunday and she got stuff for all six of her dcs and she was very impressed with what they had.

Its at YBH - I went last weekend and I thought it was wonderful. Tons of costumes...decent prices (5-25...with lots of 10-15 options) and they were very helpfu They are open motzei shabbos and Sunday this week.

Blossom

Post Fri, Feb 29 2008, 2:24 am
Mrs. Baily Pollack 845-352-5315 is the agent for the "Custom Costume Collection" Company.

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 9:58 am
There's a purim store open near Tuvia's called Saperstein's Purim Store. I got what I needed there. Pretty good selection. Prices were ok.
Amazing Savings had a very small selection but TONS of shalach manos boxes, bags etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics