Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Shabbos lunch theme

Tila

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 1:10 pm
I am going to make 4 or 5 salads and place them in deli containers, and place them on a clear glass platter that my kids will decorate with glass paints by peobeo on the underside that wuill say SHABBAT SHALOM in hebrew bubble letters. The platters are less than a dollar, the containers are less than a dime, and the salads are fairly reasonable and easy to make. I will tell the peole to place in fridge right away. Of course I will include hametasch and wrap in cello paper. I send about ten.

Hannah!

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 1:18 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Mon, May 05 2008, 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lani22

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 1:21 pm
sooo cute. what a great idea!

Tila

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 9:03 am
Thanx! I cannot wait to get started!! I guess painting the platters can be done next week. I will bake the hamentashen and freeze em. I make chocolate ones!

shopaholic

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 9:12 am
Last time Purim was on a Friday I made small lokshen kugels, challah rolls, a small bottle of grape juice. I think I may do the same this year. Maybe add something else.

drumjj

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 9:24 am
how many do u lot send?

Tila

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 9:30 am
I will make a dozen (I have a list of over 25, thats including my kids friends and thier families, but my kids will be limited to six each...some friends cross over, sibilings etc).
I went platter hunting yesterday. NO luck. Dollarama doesn't have any. I tried a resturant supply store(2) and if they don't have it, they are selling for $5 each. if you live in MTL and seen oval clear glass platters ANYWHERE for under $2 let me know!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 10:56 am
I think that' svery very nice.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 6:15 am
Can't remember - I think about 15. Not including 7 teachers who I'll give something else to.

sbs

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 2:31 pm
I used to give salads every year, in those clear containers with covers. I put in lettuce, pepper rings, purple onion rings, cucumber slices, grape tomatoes. then I put in a little container of dressing and either I baked little rolls or put in a package of melba toasts and a fork. it was a one bowl thing.
this year though it will be difficult cuz I always had to make them fresh purim morning and there's not much of a morning since we got to leave early to start delivering.

MahPitom

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 5:39 pm
Last time it was Erev Shabbos Purim, many people sent Shabbos stuff. My favorite was the one with the cole slaw, cucumber salad, babaganush, and a mini challah.

montrealmommy

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 10:47 am
Tila, where in montreal are you - there is a massive Dollar store in DDO just off Sources blvd (near the Can, Tire), pm me if you want more locations!

shopaholic

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 7:52 am
Quote:
I used to give salads every year, in those clear containers with covers. I put in lettuce, pepper rings, purple onion rings, cucumber slices, grape tomatoes. then I put in a little container of dressing

I like that idea - thanks! yesterday, at Amazing Savings I bought a pack of 10.25" hard plastic plates (they had black, cream & clear). I also bought clear cellophane with a pink design & matching pink ribbon that says Simchas Purim.

I like the idea of dips/salads. I think in addition to my kugels & challah rolls & wine/g.juice I'll do that to fill up the plate. Gotta hit the paper goods store now.

MahPitom

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 2:31 pm
can't wait to get yours!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics