Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How in the world is pesach going to happen here?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:59 am
I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant and I'm feeling really sick, even on meds.

How do I calm myself down about pesach approaching? Bh my dh is a great help, usually on Sundays as he works the rest of the week. I work mornings only, afterwards I need a nap. How is pesach going to happen?! I'm so overwhelmed.

neveralone

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:20 am
Ask your rabbi and find out what’s really necessary, don’t spring clean! You only need to remove big pieces of chometz, dust is not chometz! The main thing is the kitchen. You can close up & sell all the cabinets, don’t clean them! And just work on cleaning The fridge, kashering stove, oven and sinks! Get snacks that aren’t chometzdig like yogurt, potato chips for the kids so you shouldn’t get nervous when your preparing... Keep things simple! You don’t need to have tons of different types of food you just need to have plenty so no one should be hungry & serve lots of fresh veggies. Use paper. Buy a new book or toy for the kids to keep them entertained on yom Tov! I know it’s hard when your not feeling well but try to remember how lucky & blessed you are! Don’t try to do so much, save your kochos to enjoy your blessings! Hatzlocha feel good! 😃

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:27 am
neveralone wrote:
Ask your rabbi and find out what’s really necessary, don’t spring clean! You only need to remove big pieces of chometz, dust is not chometz! The main thing is the kitchen. You can close up & sell all the cabinets, don’t clean them! And just work on cleaning The fridge, kashering stove, oven and sinks! Get snacks that aren’t chometzdig like yogurt, potato chips for the kids so you shouldn’t get nervous when your preparing... Keep things simple! You don’t need to have tons of different types of food you just need to have plenty so no one should be hungry & serve lots of fresh veggies. Use paper. Buy a new book or toy for the kids to keep them entertained on yom Tov! I know it’s hard when your not feeling well but try to remember how lucky & blessed you are! Don’t try to do so much, save your kochos to enjoy your blessings! Hatzlocha feel good! 😃

Thank you so much!
Very helpful. I have to keep reminding myself that crumbs aren't chometz. I love a clean and tidy house before pesach, there is nothing like it. I hope I can pull off the most important things. I plan to make lots of potatoe kugels, biscuits and cake! I sort of have a pesach kitchen so I'm going to start next week. Now I need to concentrate on the top of the fridge and freezer.
I know that I'm lucky. I've just been through a 20 week loss after a terrible pregnancy so it's just tough going through it all again not knowing if I'll even have a healthy baby at the end of it.

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 3:38 am
If you are ok with buying prepared foods (we aren't sadly!) buy ready made biscuits and cakes. Don't make yourself too crazy with pesach baking.

Feel good! Definitely take things easy after your previous loss.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 3:53 am
Raisin wrote:
If you are ok with buying prepared foods (we aren't sadly!) buy ready made biscuits and cakes. Don't make yourself too crazy with pesach baking.

Feel good! Definitely take things easy after your previous loss.

Yes bh we do buy everything besides kitniyos, but they're just so expensive and my big kids are so excited for me to make my pesach biscuits 😏 I'm going to try to buy some still.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes bh we do buy everything besides kitniyos, but they're just so expensive and my big kids are so excited for me to make my pesach biscuits 😏 I'm going to try to buy some still.

Give them the recipe and let them bake, if they are old enough
You can make it fun and do it a cooking competition

Can you get cleaning help

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:42 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Give them the recipe and let them bake, if they are old enough
You can make it fun and do it a cooking competition

Can you get cleaning help

Yes I think I'll do this for the backing. I have only 1 hour a week of cleaning help, I hate having them around. My dh hoovered the upstairs today (we have a small house) he did under beds etc and generally there is no chometz upstairs so I'll probably just check the cupboards quickly as opposed to sorting them all out properly. Our youngest is almost 5 so I hope to manage somehow. I was just panicking this morning. Thanks

tichellady

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 8:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes I think I'll do this for the backing. I have only 1 hour a week of cleaning help, I hate having them around. My dh hoovered the upstairs today (we have a small house) he did under beds etc and generally there is no chometz upstairs so I'll probably just check the cupboards quickly as opposed to sorting them all out properly. Our youngest is almost 5 so I hope to manage somehow. I was just panicking this morning. Thanks

If I were you I would get more cleaning help and take out. Otherwise wouldn’t happen for me in first trimester.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics