Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What to do with old good cond. non designer clothing (sz 4-8
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 8:50 pm
What should I do with my old clothing in good condition classic styles (not trendy) size 4-8? Not designer. (They are Gap, Junee, BCBG etc)
I would give away to someone on this site if anyone needs!
The frum gemachs don't want it bec it's not trendy.
Should I give to a veterans place? Or can I make any money on Poshmark?

zaq

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 9:15 pm
Is there a Goodwill near you? They'll be glad to take it.
Where are you that frum gmachs want "trendy" clothing? I thought "trendy" is a dirty word in the charedi sector.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 9:24 pm
zaq wrote:
Is there a Goodwill near you? They'll be glad to take it.
Where are you that frum gmachs want "trendy" clothing? I thought "trendy" is a dirty word in the charedi sector.

Stylish, very up to date. Not classic

Simple1

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 9:28 pm
Gemachs should be totally fine with any brand, for sure the ones you mention. They don’t want old clothes that are very outdated or anything in bad condition. In that case I’d look for an organization that takes clothing in any condition. But it will be hard to offer suggestions because you didn’t specify location.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 9:35 pm
Lakewood

2qtees

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 10:03 pm
If the items are really in good condition, I could help you distribute among friends and neighbors.

Is it boys or girls clothing?

bobeli

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 10:24 pm
In Lakewood you can give it to serendipity

amother
White

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 10:27 pm
uch thats what I hate about Serendipity. beautiful clothes from past season or 2 is hard to find there. its everyone jumping ground

twolilgirlies

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 11:09 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
uch thats what I hate about Serendipity. beautiful clothes from past season or 2 is hard to find there. its everyone jumping ground

What do you mean?
they advertise stating strictly that it must be 'current style' clothing.

I have so many things like OP that are in perfect condition but not the most 'up to date' but still not 'old fashioned either.
afaik serendipity tosses that kind of stuff if you give to them (a relative that sorts told me)

ima22

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 11:34 pm
If it's women's clothing in good condition and from recent years, I know someone who would be interested.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:36 am
twolilgirlies wrote:
What do you mean?
they advertise stating strictly that it must be 'current style' clothing.

I have so many things like OP that are in perfect condition but not the most 'up to date' but still not 'old fashioned either.
afaik serendipity tosses that kind of stuff if you give to them (a relative that sorts told me)

I've shopped at serendipity, formerly deja new, for many many years now and I'm very disappointed in how it's being run. I wonder what new place will be like...
I think they should stick to what they were doing, get old clothing for free sort it out and sell it for a few dollars basically a nice gemach, which was a huge help!!!
Now they get stuff from I don't know where sell it for a lot of money(at some point they were selling boys suits for $55! Surprised )and if theres no price ladies make up a price on the spot...their return policy is more tough than most stores in Lakewood but theyre located across town. I'm really sad about it. And so are a bunch of my friends!

amother
White

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:43 am
I'm on a small budget.somone recommend serendipity. boys tshirts for example were more than 2-3 years old (not sated looking) but my kids dint like when friends tell them I had the same shirt when I was younger). t-shirt was also in worn condition. worn tshirts look even older when worn. even for $2 I found it easier to buy in target $5 with target circle less. more like 3.50-4.50. lasted better in the long run kids got new tshirts. nrw t shirts by then were l2 years ago jewish with tags for $10-15. $2 skirts were in odd colors hard to match with what I had at home. I was hoping to finfd a classic black, blue or denim. (what did people do when kids outgrew those) dresses were more that 2 years old by jewish stores or non jewish company clothes that were hard with our standard of tznius. dresses with wide necks or too short. tottini $20 dress worked best alot more than I wanted to pay but time is money too and sifting through all the clothes took time. and some had spots that came came through when washed.

people living out of town that dont care for style just want jewish clothing. people not so makpid on the open necks or lenghths in tnius. people who love thrift shop style , can spend alot of time going back looking for a bargains.

if anyone has any idea for me for a free up tondate clothing gemach.from people that giving away clothing let me know.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:54 am
Metziahs place in Monsey (it probably has a different name these days) takes stuff like that, and it’s a huge service to the community. Whenever I’m there it’s packed with people. As long as the stuff is in good condition they take it.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:17 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Metziahs place in Monsey (it probably has a different name these days) takes stuff like that, and it’s a huge service to the community. Whenever I’m there it’s packed with people. As long as the stuff is in good condition they take it.

I think it’s called Nearly New.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 1:16 pm
Kupath hair in Monsey takes everything. The shoppers there are half Jewish half local Hispanics real chesed place

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 7:33 pm
The Monsey places sound like what I need but I'm closer to Brooklyn or Queens. Anyone know of similar there? I'd also love to donate to someone sending to Israel because I know some communities there wear classic rather than up to date styles, but I understand shipping it is a difficulty.

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 7:34 pm
Also in case I find someone going to Monsey can those in the know please share addresses or phone numbers for drop off?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 7:35 pm
I give it to Pick Purple
pickpurple.org.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 7:41 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I give it to Pick Purple
pickpurple.org.
they sell for scraps the clothing doesn’t actually go to people in the community.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 7:43 pm
seeker wrote:
Also in case I find someone going to Monsey can those in the know please share addresses or phone numbers for drop off?

126 Maple Ave, spring valley 845.641.0682
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics