Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Third stimulus - is it for real?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:19 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
I thought this was only to cover last march thru June. $400ish per kid eligible. Did you get more since?

I got a second round. But less.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:50 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I think all of you who are employed and doing well should opt out of the next stimulus if it gets passed but don't say everyone is abusing it. I personally was laid off cuz of corona. I Was able to file unemployment and it suddenly stopped in July. I tried a million times to reach someone in the unemployment office but to no avail. I'm in NJ for reference sake. I'm at my wits end. I have been looking for a job non stop and it's impossible to find. I have a big family and while I might not be struggling to put food on the table due to all these food boxes were being given I am struggling tremendously with monthly household expenses and tuition and insurance with zero income! I know Im not the only one! The stimulus is made for ppl like us who just want to be able to keep a roof over their heads😟 please if anyone knows how I can reach someone in nj unemployment dept please share the info!! And anyone who doesn't need their stimulus and is using it for vacations and luxuries think of all your struggling sisters who are too ashamed to come onto tzedakah to make it thru.... Crying

How do you opt out of it?! IRS has tax info and just sende the money out... You don't opt in. It's automatic.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 10:45 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I got a second round. But less.

So I just checked. No refill. In brooklyn.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 3:36 am
I'll ask my husband (yeah he is American)

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:14 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I think all of you who are employed and doing well should opt out of the next stimulus if it gets passed but don't say everyone is abusing it. I personally was laid off cuz of corona. I Was able to file unemployment and it suddenly stopped in July. I tried a million times to reach someone in the unemployment office but to no avail. I'm in NJ for reference sake. I'm at my wits end. I have been looking for a job non stop and it's impossible to find. I have a big family and while I might not be struggling to put food on the table due to all these food boxes were being given I am struggling tremendously with monthly household expenses and tuition and insurance with zero income! I know Im not the only one! The stimulus is made for ppl like us who just want to be able to keep a roof over their heads😟 please if anyone knows how I can reach someone in nj unemployment dept please share the info!! And anyone who doesn't need their stimulus and is using it for vacations and luxuries think of all your struggling sisters who are too ashamed to come onto tzedakah to make it thru.... Crying

I'm sorry you are struggling so much, truly my heart goes out to you.

The solution for what you are describing is unemployment, that is what unemployment is there for. If you can't receive it then the unemployment system should be fixed to help people who need it most, like you.

The stimulus check is there to stimulate the economy, I.e. so that people will go out and buy. The more money goes around the healthier an economy is. The idea of a stimulus check is to give people extra money to make purchases and help the economy recover. Putting the stimulus check into bills is understandable and reasonable and to some extent helps the economy (it gives money to the utilities companies, homeowners, etc.) but it is not the goal of the stimulus. Some people need to use it for that, but that's not what it was intended for, that's what has happened because things got so bad.

There is no way to "opt out" of the stimulus check, it is automatic. And there is no reason why if I pay expat taxes (meaning I pay an accountant to do my expat taxes because they are more complicated due to being an expat) I shouldn't receive the money just like any other American. Just because we are making ends meet and our financial struggles have nothing to do with corona and IY"H will disappear soon, doesn't mean we are less deserving than you of the stimulus check. It's not your business if we use it for a degree or for a mortgage or for matzos or for games for our kids or for the outrageous electric bill we didn't deserve but the company insists we pay anyways. It's really not your business and you have no right to determine who "deserves" money based on your personal situation. We filed taxes just like you and any other upstanding citizen, we deserve to receive the same benefits as anyone else.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:35 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

There is a new program that will start soon, keep a lookout for it so you can sign up if you qualify--
https://www.pix11.com/news/nat.....XCV-8

https://www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 1:36 pm
GOP Rep Amends Dems' COVID Bill, Redirects Pork Spending to Americans in the Form of $10K Checks-- https://www.westernjournal.com.....OX8uc

I wonder why democrats are against this proposal as it would help so many American citizens including many of the imamothers here who have said they cant get unemployment.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 1:54 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
For those saying there is unemployment, I was able to file for the first few weeks. In error they took it off my employer instead of pandemic unemployment and the company rates went up.

I was able to return for some time and then had to take off due to exposure by my kids. The system won't let me file under pandemic. Even regular unemployment has blocked my account. I'm not the only one. When I call they say they can't help me and hang up on me!
This is in NY. So the stimulus helps for thosw of us who should be getting pandemic unemployment and can't due to the faulty system.

Very similar story here in NJ... I was on Unemplyment March-June. Worked July-October but due to corona have not been able to work since. System won’t let me certify for benefits and I have been working on this for months! I did get for October randomly that worked but nothing since...

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:03 pm
Does anyone know if it passed? $1400 per couple?
Anything for the kids?

cnc

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:03 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Anything for the kids?

It’s $1400 a person- children and adults

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:07 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Anything for the kids?

$1,400 per adult and kid if your income is lower than $80,000 (or double that for a couple) I believe. But the senate took out some things from the bill so it has to go back to the house for another vote. Once they vote for it then you will get your money. Along with people in prison, illegal aliens, foreigners, all the special interests groups, etc. We will be paying a huge price for this so enjoy your pennies now while it lasts and be prepared to pay it back with interest in the future.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:09 pm
cnc wrote:
It’s $1400 a person- children and adults

What?? I'm shocked! That's crazy.

But still not official?

cnc

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:31 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
What?? I'm shocked! That's crazy.

But still not official?

It will be in a couple of days.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news.....lbing

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:41 pm
cnc wrote:
It will be in a couple of days.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news.....lbing

People will be eligible based as of what date? If I have a baby this week will I be eligible for the money for the baby as well?

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:46 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
People will be eligible based as of what date? If I have a baby this week will I be eligible for the money for the baby as well?

It has to pass the house, first, then be signed by the President.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:58 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
$1,400 per adult and kid if your income is lower than $80,000 (or double that for a couple) I believe. But the senate took out some things from the bill so it has to go back to the house for another vote. Once they vote for it then you will get your money. Along with people in prison, illegal aliens, foreigners, all the special interests groups, etc. We will be paying a huge price for this so enjoy your pennies now while it lasts and be prepared to pay it back with interest in the future.

This! Soon us dollars want be worth much!

shev

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:13 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

Try calling first thing Sunday morning.
Thats when I always got through.
Good Luck!

cnc

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:16 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

Most likely it will be applied on your 2021 tax return as a refund. The IRS has no way of knowing that you had a baby since you never filed for this child obviously.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:17 pm
cnc wrote:
Most likely it will be applied on your 2021 tax return as a refund. The IRS has no way of knowing that you had a baby since you never filed for this child obviously.

Right that’s what I was wondering... thanks for clarifying!

wiki

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 9:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I hear there's a $1400 stimulus check coming for EVERY household member. That's over $15K for a large family. Is that for real?

The bill passed in Congress today.

It's $1,400 for every household member and you should receive it before Pesach.

And, starting in the summer, it's also $300 per month per child under 5 and $250 per month for each child 5-12, not likely to end in 2021.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics