Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Am I absolutely nuts? theme
Previous  1  2

louche

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 8:36 pm
Baaaaaad idea. Tacky and in very poor taste if not downright offensive. I shudder to think what your costumes are, but there's still time to rethink them.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 9:45 pm
just wondering OP, do you have kids?

chayitty

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 10:31 pm
u gonna dress up like scrambled eggs..with slogan.."this is ur brain on drugs" ?
LOL

red sea

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 10:36 pm
I dont like it, sorry.

cassandra

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 10:50 pm
Two thumbs down.

Someone a few years ago did a theme of all now taboo foods-- peanut butter, white bread, margarine, tuna-- I thought this is where you were going.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 12:30 am
louche wrote:
Baaaaaad idea. Tacky and in very poor taste if not downright offensive. I shudder to think what your costumes are, but there's still time to rethink them.

We're dressing up as nanachs...

we're doing stuff that "make you happy".

GAMZu

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 12:50 am

OMG. That is SO tacky. I'm sorry to be so frank. But honestly, O. M. G.

sarahd

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 6:40 am
Sorry, but ucchhh.

girliesmommy

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 8:39 am
I guess I'm naive. Here I was thinking maybe you were dressing as doctors and giving out "drugs."

Either way it's a sick theme, and I truly hope you don't have any kids who were going to be involved in this!

Mevater

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 9:08 am
I strongly suspect this idea was part of the OP's "Purim Shtick".

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 9:09 am
amother wrote:
louche wrote:

We're dressing up as nanachs...

we're doing stuff that "make you happy".

Amother, I hope you're kidding and just trying to rile everyone up (not that that makes it ok!).

I think that is one of the sickest ideas I've ever heard! I thought your costume would've been something more along the lines of punks or something to that effect.

To poke such fun at other yidden? I'd love to know what community you are from and if they'd find it even remotely funny!

Btw, I agree with girliesmommy and anyone else who posted about not involving kids, but I'd like to add... I hope you don't meet any kids on Purim either!!

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 11:41 am
I actually think that it's a hilarious of an idea!!!! It definately made me laugh!

But if I saw this in actuallity on Purim I'd think it to be extremely distasteful and wrong.

Kmommy18

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 12:00 pm
I really hope you're kidding. Stuff that make you "happy"? How about doing a simcha theme and dressing up as clowns and doing smiley cookies or something? Anything but drugs. And just so you know, drugs do not make a person "happy". They make people depressed, dependant, broke, pathetic. I for one do not think it's funny at all and I think you have no idea what Purim is all about. In fact I don't think I've ever heard a more twisted costume/mishloach manos idea in my life!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics