Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
British Royal Family Drama
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 29  30  31  Next

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:59 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
yuk
and antisemitism pokes its ugly head up through it all as usual

It's not antisemitism, he's anti religion.

And kapporas with chickens looks weird (and tbh is kind of controversial--even among frum Jews with no connection to animal rights)...I'm from a community that does it, and it still always feels weird. I usually come home privately feeling uncomfortable and shaken up although I never say anything, and no, I'm not a PETA activist or a vegetarian...

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 2:59 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:

I know this wasn’t your point but an example of not having to live your family’s bats*hit life was Hasidim and kapparos near Scientology

Not exactly sure what your comment meant, but I think I made ample disclaimers in my post about not agreeing with him 100% on everything.

sushilover

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 3:10 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
So people are belivig the antisemitism, but not the racism? Ironic.

I don't believe either, but let's not forget that you literally implied that anyone who doesn't like meghan or harry is automatically racist. That's probably one of the top 20 most shocking opinions I've seen on this site.

Off topic, but did anyone else find the laughter in the segment sooo forced and fake sounding? Ugh.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 3:13 pm
sushilover wrote:
I don't believe either, but let's not forget that you literally implied that anyone who doesn't like meghan or harry is automatically racist. That's probably one of the top 20 most shocking opinions I've seen on this site.

Off topic, but did anyone else find the laughter in the segment sooo forced and fake sounding? Ugh.

I didn't imply that, sushilover, I said that racism was one of the big reasons for the departure and hatred.

sushilover

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 3:20 pm
I didn't imply that, sushilover, I said that racism was one of the big reasons for the departure and hatred.

Ok, you have a right to your opinion as much as I disagree.
But if I were you, I'd edit your original post. It certainly makes it sound like you believe it's the main, if not only, reason.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 3:23 pm

If she's going to claim one thing on racism I would hear it as someone crying wolf

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 3:26 pm
While I am no fan of the royal family not any of them gotta say wow this is so tacky.
To air your husband's family's alleged dirty laundry on prime time. For huge amount of money.
I know what I would say to anyone here should anyone ever stoop so low. To drive a wedge between a husband and his family...ugh. This reeks of revenge and other not good middos and agendas.

And cant help but think this is the pattern and fits right in with all going on just more of the woke cancel culture take down the way some shows/celebs are piling on.

Slimy.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 4:43 pm
So people are belivig the antisemitism, but not the racism? Ironic.

I believe there is racism. I don’t believe the average person who is taken aback at the fact that the couple sits down with Oprah and dislikes Meghan, dislikes her because of racism.
And I didn’t say that the kapparos is anti-semitism.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 4:46 pm
DrMom wrote:
Not exactly sure what your comment meant, but I think I made ample disclaimers in my post about not agreeing with him 100% on everything.

(That was just interesting to me, I didn’t say you promoted it
Not sure what I think about it, just pointing it out )

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 4:56 pm
sushilover wrote:
Ok, you have a right to your opinion as much as I disagree.
But if I were you, I'd edit your original post. It certainly makes it sound like you believe it's the main, if not only, reason.

Then I'm glad you're not my editor.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 5:44 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
yuk
and antisemitism pokes its ugly head up through it all as usual

He makes fun of all religions but is the least disrespectful towards Judaism. He's gone on record as saying that he feels the most respect for Judaism of all the religions, and it is quite clear (if you've watched just a few of his shows) he regards Jews very highly. He is a staunch supporter of Israel. And, he's very proud of the fact that his mom was Jewish. You can call him anti religion (he made a whole documentary about that) but he is no anti semite.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:21 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
I don't discount that what Meghan faces is probably a bit of racism. You'll always have the nutjobs.
But I think that the majority of people dislike her for her behavior. We like stoic people who sacrifice for other people. To this day, even Princess Diana, the penultimate Tragic Beloved Royal Figure, is badmouthed by a lot of people for her histrionics and her constant running to the press for TMI interviews that probably traumatized her sons.

The Queen weathers every storm and has emerged from an insanely long reign quite universally beloved. Why? Because she's a blank slate, and she keeps quiet. The very few times she had dared to complain in public (the year her palace burned down, the year everyone got divorced), people remembered and mocked her, and she started to pay income taxes for the first time.

The lesson is to be grateful and not to complain. I say these lessons not to the royal family, who don't care what I think, but to myself. It's an incredibly in-your-face life lesson, and you can see how they succeed when they follow it. Meghan and Harry may get a short boost of popularity and sympathy from this Oprah interview, but it won't last.

Not sure why this hits me wrong. As a Brit I have been imbibed with those values: don't complain, be grateful and don’t hang out your laundry.
However, thats a big way to hide abuse and injustice and hide behind facade of Dignity.
Calling out anyone who does call out that something is wrong as undignified /improper/ lacking class and worse, is a problem.
There has to be a way to point out injustice without being called hystronic.

Diana was treated despicably. Calling her out, rather than the royals- who hide behind their cold front of respectability - is concerning to me. What else was she meant to do. Suffer in silence. Or do you truly not believe she suffered. Chosen as a pop up bride. Not for love.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:33 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Not sure why this hits me wrong. As a Brit I have been imbibed with those values: don't complain, be grateful and don’t hang out your laundry.
However, thats a big way to hide abuse and injustice and hide behind facade of Dignity.
Calling out anyone who does call out that something is wrong as undignified /improper/ lacking class and worse, is a problem.

Diana was treated despicably. Calling her out, rather than the royals- who hide behind their cold front of respectability - is concerning to me. What else was she meant to do. Suffer in silence. Or do you truly not believe she suffered. Chosen as a pop up bride. Not for love.

What else was she meant to do? For starters, not marry her sister's ex-boyfriend. Not throw herself down a flight of stairs while pregnant and then complain that her dh walked out. What was he supposed to do? Console her for throwing herself down the stairs with his unborn child? And she's the one suffering in silence?

SuperWify

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:34 pm
Does anyone have a link to watch it?

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:35 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
What else was she meant to do? For starters, not marry her sister's ex-boyfriend. Not throw herself down a flight of stairs while pregnant and then complain that her dh walked out. What was he supposed to do? Console her for throwing herself down the stairs with his unborn child? And she's the one suffering in silence?

We’re you there? I doubt you were even born.

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:36 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Does anyone have a link to watch it?

It’s a CBS, or cbs.com

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:47 pm
We’re you there? I doubt you were even born.

I was born - I remember going to my neighbours to watch their wedding (we didn't have a tv).
2. Diana herself talks about this in an interview. She says how she always knew she was going to marry someone very important. She says from the start he didn't love her (yet she married him anyway). She says she threw herself down a flight of stairs while pregnant with William to get Charles' attention.

Physically, look at Camilla and look at Diana. Had she been any sort of normal wife, Diana would have won Charles over hands in her pocket. In fact she even said he was smitten with her in the beginning. But instead she was unstable, attention-seeking and needy. And to top it all off, she blamed everything on him and publicly put down the royal family.

Through it all, Charles never uttered a word. Diana let her kids meet her boyfriends.

Who's the stable parent here?

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:49 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:

Here's the thing, Diane was changing the royal family. Slowly but change.
By normalizing the boys childhood, by bringing awareness to various causes. By talking about feelings.
She was bringing the family to relevance.
She could have continued.
The interviews harmed her relationship with her boys and was viewed as biting the hand that feeds her by the Royal Family.
Honestly, Harry was following his mother's path in a good way. Causes that were meaningful to him.
That whole mental health initiative that he was doing with William and Kate- that would have made his mother proud.
I'm not sure that this interview would.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:51 pm

So you bought the tabloids words- hook , line and sinker

I see her story differently. Charles chose her and entrapped her into a loveless marriage for the sake of appearance with his heart given to someone else
But again. Honestly- I don't know that much.
An an impression I do see her as a victim. Who made mistakes too.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:53 pm
I was born - I remember going to my neighbours to watch their wedding (we didn't have a tv).
2. Diana herself talks about this in an interview. She says how she always knew she was going to marry someone very important. She says from the start he didn't love her (yet she married him anyway). She says she threw herself down a flight of stairs while pregnant with William to get Charles' attention.

Physically, look at Camilla and look at Diana. Had she been any sort of normal wife, Diana would have won Charles over hands in her pocket. In fact she even said he was smitten with her in the beginning. But instead she was unstable, attention-seeking and needy. And to top it all off, she blamed everything on him and publicly put down the royal family.

Through it all, Charles never uttered a word. Diana let her kids meet her boyfriends.

Who's the stable parent here?

Diana was a very young, inexperienced girl who was tricked into marrying a prince. One who didn’t and would never love her. One who was already in love with someone else. They made her pass a purity exam!

He tortured her, she was all alone. The palace didn’t care. And they only cared when she died because of public outcry. Iirc, the queen didn’t say anything publicly for days, until she could no longer keep silent and still be supported.

Honestly, only an American could twist this story the way you have
Page 7 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics