Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do you or dh work in a camp in the summer

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:17 pm
I so badly want to go to a camp in the summer. There is so much space and the atmosphere is so nice and happy. I hate cooking and housekeeping and am not a picky eater and the idea of highschool girls bringing me my food and clearing my table after is just so appealing.

Dh is a rebbe but has zero interest in working a job in a boys camp that provides a bungalow. I work 12 months a year doing the books for a local non profit. I am debating looking for a job running the office all year round for a camp.

Do you spend your summers in camp? Who works on ground you or dh? Do you love it or hate it? Would you be doing it if not for the free camp for your kids?

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:28 pm
I do. I love it for the most part but it is incredibly... intense. I work really, really hard. DH hates it-he works in the city and only comes up for shabbosim but when he comes up I “have no time for him.”

Most (but not all) of my kids love it too. I forgot what other specific questions you asked 😏

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:50 pm
If you run a camp office, you'll be busy all day and won't have much time to relax.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics