Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Another teacher mm thread

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:54 pm
I have been following the other mm threads to teachers. I made a mm to the teachers with a nice gift and note in it. Bh the teachers loved it. Question is like this. As I was preparing the mm but before I actually bought the gift, ds 9 tells me that he has an assistant teacher whom I never heard of ever the entire year. I prepared the same mm I gave to all the other teachers for her. We didn't have a chance to go on purim to her. My baby is 4 week old and was just about 2 weeks then and dh has been getting the kids out the door so I can sleep a bit. Ds forgot to take the mm to the teacher.do I send it now or it looks dumb?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 8:28 pm
I would if its not too hard, but I know people who say not to give after Purim. I figure its the thought that counts and better late than never.

But just something to consider- my 8 yo ds told me there's an assistant but he didn't know her name and I sent her something. She called to thank me and then told me she is really the assistant for two boys but will sometimes help the others. I guess it was bashert for her to get from me!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 8:38 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I would if its not too hard, but I know people who say not to give after Purim. I figure its the thought that counts and better late than never.

But just something to consider- my 8 yo ds told me there's an assistant but he didn't know her name and I sent her something. She called to thank me and then told me she is really the assistant for two boys but will sometimes help the others. I guess it was bashert for her to get from me!

Apparently she helps ds with his math or so he says...I never heard of her before then. Its all put together so he can take it and the gift has to do with pesach so I cant give it after...just deciding if it looks dumb since I gave the teachers on purim and it's the same....

Perrys

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 8:42 pm
Go for it.
I don’t think it looks dumv

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:13 pm
Send it with a note "I'm so sorry we didn't get to see you on Purim!"
It was a crazy year, it's ok.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:40 pm
You made something with her in mind - you should get it to her. Its hers.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:05 pm
I know someone who nicely tipped the assistant in the classroom that her daughter told her about, to later find out that she is another child's shadow. Lol! I'm glad it didn't stand out to the kids that one specific child needed all the extra help

lucky14

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:36 pm
Is it possible to call the teacher or school and ask about this assistant? I think it's odd that there is a teacher in the room that you have never heard about (but maybe that's normal?). Anyway yes do send it now. Doesn't look dumb at all- quite the opposite-shows you care and feel bad that you missed giving it on purim.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:40 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:

She shouldn't have accepted it.
What was she thinking?

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:41 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I know someone who nicely tipped the assistant in the classroom that her daughter told her about, to later find out that she is another child's shadow. Lol! I'm glad it didn't stand out to the kids that one specific child needed all the extra help

This is most likely what happened. Paras (shadows) become “assistants” so as not to be so obviously helping one child. They help other children and that way the child who meeds the para doesn’t feel different.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 2:00 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
She shouldn't have accepted it.
What was she thinking?

I worked in a classroom as a shadow for an autistic girl. Many times she didn’t need me and I was put to work helping others in the class which was not what I was getting paid for. No reason not to acknowledge it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 4:49 am
She was on the note with the teacher addresses so I am assuming she really is a teacher. I will ask ds to take it today.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 6:59 am
I knowingly gave mishloach manos to a para in ds' preschool class. Why not? She helps out in the classroom. She did not get the money that the others got, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics