Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Do your kids make their beds
Previous  1  2

Is your 6-9 yr old bed usually made?
yes my child usually makes it  
 17%  [ 22 ]
yes my housekeeper makes it  
 7%  [ 10 ]
yes I make my kids bed  
 19%  [ 25 ]
No, my kids bed is usually not made  
 55%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 128

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 9:58 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
For people who make their beds as soon as they get up, when do the beds air out?

Air out?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:00 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I'm not laughing at it. I'm curious. Most people I know wait a bit and then make them. I don't make mine, but the blankets are off to the side and let the sheet air out. And it's normal not to make beds, and also normal to make them. Not everyone has the same sensibilities, and bedrooms tend to be private.

Like I said, my girls tend to make them when they have company over. When I lived in a dorm, I made mine right before I left the room, out of respect for my roommates and because it was my/our living space. Now, no need. If dh really cared, and actually spent time in the room, I guess I'd need to. I'm glad neither are true.

I don't make the beds 1st thing in the morning. Usually about 2-3 hours after waking up before I go out.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:47 pm
A made bed sets the tone in the whole house! I Don’t do it first thing in the morning but it’s on the getting dressed deodorant make up list! As a kid if I forgot to make my bed one day and got upstairs at night to find it messy I’d make it right before I went to sleep. I can’t get into an unmade bed. As an adult I never didn’t have an unmade bed. And I can’t say I’m the neatest freak.

ETA: your question was about the kids. So the single beds get made every day. The top bunk bed I sometimes forgo 😉

silverlining3

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:48 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
For people who make their beds as soon as they get up, when do the beds air out?

I literally checked every comment, no-one said they make the beds first thing in morning.

When my kids make their bed in morning it's after I get out of bed, after they wake up. When I make the beds it's after their bus. So ya, it gets made but not first thing in morning, and sometimes even later in the morning. (In case you're very concerned)

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:56 pm
My kids don't mess around the blankets in their sleep so even though they don't make their beds (at least I don't think they try to do it) it still looks relatively presentable. Dh is the same way.
I, on the other hand, completely dishevel the sheets every night so my bed looks like a mess until I make it.

Snickers18

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 11:58 pm
Yes, but they still need constant reminders. I have them start at about 4, with help from older siblings, and they can usually make them up decently by 6. I wouldn't have cleaning help do it as I think it sends the kids the wrong message.

Just One

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 12:22 am
I thought I'd be the only one whose kids didn't make their beds but then checked the poll results and saw I was in good company 😀

I grew up in a strict bed making house (never heard of bed "airing out". If anything when beds are made they don't allow random dirt and dust mites to get under the covers). Somehow with several newborns one after the other and the blurring of night and day I just fell out of the habit. And since I don't do it I som don't feel it's something I can demand from my kids.

Teomima

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 5:46 am
None of us make our beds. I've never really seen the point. It just gets slept in again the next night. No one is in anyone else's bed except whomever sleeps there or if the kids play in their beds, in which case they just get messed up again anyways. We don't have cleaning help but even if we did there are so many things that are far more important in my book than a made bed.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children