Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
My daughter is the only one not going to seminary
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 11:18 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
If you dont mind sharing, which seminary? I am wondering if I shouldve tried to negotiate further. The amounts people are saying they paid here are way less than what I was told.

Sorry, the seminary asked me not to share with others, so I only feel comfortable making this anonymous. Note that I did call on the same day the acceptance letter was received as I heard from others that some of the scholarships were on a "first come, first served" basis until they run out of funds.

Edited to add that when the sem asked us how much we could pay, I did come up with a number, even though it made me uncomfortable. I also voluntarily shared our incomes and the tuition being paid now for all our kids so they would understand why we are asking. They came back to me with a different number in between what the tuition is and what I asked for.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 11:55 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
If you dont mind sharing, which seminary? I am wondering if I shouldve tried to negotiate further. The amounts people are saying they paid here are way less than what I was told.

Same here, and wondering the same thing.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 12:01 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Same here, and wondering the same thing.

See response above.

cat81

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 9:12 pm
It would be helpful for everyone else if those that are posting about large scholarship awarded would give their income range along with seminary name.

Without the above the information, a scholarship amount is pointless and gives hope to some parents where there is none to be had.

It makes a huge difference if the seminary in question is a mainstream popular place vs a new or unpopular place.
Same goes for a family with an AGI of $100k and 6 kids vs someone else making $175k and has 4 kids.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics