Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Baby puffy eyes

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 1:14 pm
My baby (1 year old) has eczema and allergies. He is under the care of an allergist.

The eczema is under control for the most part, though he does get flareups.

Sometimes his eyes get all puffy and red, and it seems to be unconnected to the eczema. Anyone have any idea why this happens?
ETA : I should have put this in the allergies section but I dont know how to move it

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 1:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby (1 year old) has eczema and allergies. He is under the care of an allergist.

The eczema is under control for the most part, though he does get flareups.

Sometimes his eyes get all puffy and red, and it seems to be unconnected to the eczema. Anyone have any idea why this happens?
ETA : I should have put this in the allergies section but I dont know how to move it
classic allergic reaction/allergy shiners. Usually histamine or mast cell related. Are you managing the eczema topically? Because if you are that does nothing for the allergy/atopy that’s going on. If he’s off allergic foods it could still be environmental allergies.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 5:18 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
classic allergic reaction/allergy shiners. Usually histamine or mast cell related. Are you managing the eczema topically? Because if you are that does nothing for the allergy/atopy that’s going on. If he’s off allergic foods it could still be environmental allergies.

I am managing the eczema with creams and ointments that his doctor prescribed.
He is off allergic foods, but the doctor said not to stop eating those foods in my own diet. He holds that in the vast majority of cases, the allergy doesnt pass through mother's milk..
Is there anything I can do to treat the puffiness?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 5:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am managing the eczema with creams and ointments that his doctor prescribed.
He is off allergic foods, but the doctor said not to stop eating those foods in my own diet. He holds that in the vast majority of cases, the allergy doesnt pass through mother's milk..
Is there anything I can do to treat the puffiness?
If your baby is having eczema and puffy eyes he might be in the minority that is reacting to allergens in your breast milk. I would try going on those foods and seeing if things improve.

Rappel

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 5:22 pm
Moved it to allergies. Carry on, and hope your baby feels better!

~Rappel as mod

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 5:26 pm
I hear. That makes sense, thanks.
Its just that he is allergic to so many foods that I would be very limited Can't Believe It
Do you know if there is one specific food that presents as that type of reaction?
He is allergic to dairy, eggs, fish, sesame and peanuts. And dustmites.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 5:27 pm
Rappel wrote:
Moved it to allergies. Carry on, and hope your baby feels better!

~Rappel as mod

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics