Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Prices of “heimish” brands have gone MAD!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 12:52 pm
I’m talking about for little kids and some of these had thread pulling and wld ruin in a second in the machine

singleagain

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 12:53 pm
mandr wrote:
My friend owns one of the expensive "jewish brand" kids clothing companies and they charge around $50 for pajamas. When I spoke to her about it, she said that people WANT to spend money. And if it's not expensive then they don't sell as much. Go figure.

Disclaimer voice to text

I have definitely heard about this in all sorts of pricing the idea of luxury pricing and pricing high because people do get it in their heads that certain items without a high price tag are in good quality

Zehava

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 1:02 pm
When I pay for Jewish brands I pay for the ease of not having to worry about necklines, sleeve length, and dress length. As well as getting the “Frum look” so my kids can fit in. What I don’t get is people spend double these amounts for designer brands like moschino that have the same non-Frum headaches as H&M.
I also like knowing that my money is supporting local families all the way to the source. Especially now after the pandemic.

mandr

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 1:05 pm
Zehava wrote:
When I pay for Jewish brands I pay for the ease of not having to worry about necklines, sleeve length, and dress length. As well as getting the “Frum look” so my kids can fit in. What I don’t get is people spend double these amounts for designer brands like moschino that have the same non-Frum headaches as H&M.
I also like knowing that my money is supporting local families all the way to the source. Especially now after the pandemic.

I totally agree with that. Kids in nununu or whatever, I think it looks just as trashy as the typical cheap nonjewish brands. If carters has a picture of a frog face on the tshirt it's nerdy but if Bobo Choses has one then it's soooo adorable...

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 1:20 pm
There are enough decently priced local frum stores.
Maybe we should start a spin-off and list them for people to support and enjoy.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 1:55 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I buy my bucherim ecco shoes on amazon for way cheaper than local stores . The exact same shoe they sell local for over 100 I got now for 80. If I would be able to afford the over 100 shoes then gladly . For other kids I do shop local for shoes and spend the prices

You can’t expect the local shoe store who has more overhead - store rent, salaries of shoe fitters etc. - to be able to sell at the same price as Amazon.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:06 pm
Zehava wrote:

If only I didn't have to worry about necklines with frum brands! I am frequently appalled at the design choices, given the clientele.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:09 pm
youngishbear wrote:
If only I didn't have to worry about necklines with frum brands! I am frequently appalled at the design choices, given the clientele.

Yeah... I agree. Nothing is long enough for me either. So I don't bother buying the stuff. Why should I pay a premium only to fix it up just like something from a non-jewish store?

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:11 pm
I need someone to explain to me why 60% of the clothes from one frum brand, in one of the only affordable stores in Williamsburg, were made of denim or had hoods on the dresses and boys' tops. Which schools or daycamps allow these? How many "Sunday" outfits do kids need? Why would a frum brand with chassidish clientele carry so many problematic outfits? Don't they want to sell their clothes?

(The other 40% of the clothes were all beige, which does not look good on my kids. So this has been an awful season so far.)

youngishbear

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:12 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Yeah... I agree. Nothing is long enough for me either. So I don't bother buying the stuff. Why should I pay a premium only to fix it up just like something from a non-jewish store?

I fantasize about affordable tailoring included. Frum clothing stores should guarantee tznius.

Lol.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:20 pm

Yes, my $90 nightgowns need to be tailored, but I will probably do it myself.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:21 pm
Zehava wrote:

All of this, but my nightgowns always need adjustments to the neckline, etc.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:23 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
You can’t expect the local shoe store who has more overhead - store rent, salaries of shoe fitters etc. - to be able to sell at the same price as Amazon.

I agree with you and if I would be able to afford it I would support them . But since I can't and I find the same thing on amazon that works for now

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:25 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I need someone to explain to me why 60% of the clothes from one frum brand, in one of the only affordable stores in Williamsburg, were made of denim or had hoods on the dresses and boys' tops. Which schools or daycamps allow these? How many "Sunday" outfits do kids need? Why would a frum brand with chassidish clientele carry so many problematic outfits? Don't they want to sell their clothes?

(The other 40% of the clothes were all beige, which does not look good on my kids. So this has been an awful season so far.)

It's probably called chambray and not denim so that's allowed by many .it's not the real real denim .

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:32 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:

And explain to me why petit Clair long sleeves for girls starts at size 6?
Petit Clair is located only in boro park and Williamsburg, and about 90% of those kids need long sleeves at 3!
Banging head

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:36 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Yes, my $90 nightgowns need to be tailored, but I will probably do it myself.

I don't know your reasons for buying the $90 nightgowns but if I were you, I would buy a $20 nightgown from target/ walmart/Amazon and pay another $15 to fix the neckline.... or do the "tailoring" myself.

Some necklines can have an elastic added inside the edging very, very easily.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:44 pm
I don't know your reasons for buying the $90 nightgowns but if I were you, I would buy a $20 nightgown from target/ walmart/Amazon and pay another $15 to fix the neckline.... or do the "tailoring" myself.

Some necklines can have an elastic added inside the edging very, very easily.

I'm married over 10 years and I just bought myself two nightgowns for the first time since then. Hopefully these will last another 10 years. I buy them because I need long ones, to the floor, with buttons for nursing. I like the soft cotton feel. I don't think target has the same quality or the same design. It has a particular style that doesn't exist in the non frum stores. The price is outrageous but if you do the math, it ends up being very cheap overall for the use I get out of it.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:45 pm
Okay, I’m so confused about the nightgown thing. Are we talking lingerie nightgowns or like pajama nightgowns? If it’s for pajamas or lingerie why would you adjust the neckline to be tznius? I’ve just never heard of this nightgown concept. Can someone explain?

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:46 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Okay, I’m so confused about the nightgown thing. Are we talking lingerie nightgowns or like pajama nightgowns? If it’s for pajamas or lingerie why would you adjust the neckline to be tznius? I’ve just never heard of this nightgown concept. Can someone explain?

I don't understand the question. Please explain.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 3:48 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

For pajama nightgowns, people (including myself) like to be able to walk around their house in pajamas if necessary and be covered to the extent they usually are.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics