Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Finding a place to stay for Pesach NOW?
Previous  1  2

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 6:24 pm
Try rentals of distinction you can google them

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 7:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you please help me to know where to look? Would need to be appropriately frum environment and prefer outdoor yard space that is plentiful since we will have to quarantine for the whole time.
Do you think it is crazy to come now?

Why would you come here if you will need to quarantine the entire time?

And why does it matter if it is a frum environment if you don't leave the house the entire time?

Why does it matter if things are opening up if you will be in quarantine?

And arranging your food will be a major headache, esp on Pesach.

Yes, that is a crazy idea.

Go to Florida.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:29 pm
Just wanted to say - we rented from rentals of distinction - before corona.

salt

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 12:53 am
You will not be able to shop, unless you order everything in.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 1:05 am
salt wrote:
You will not be able to shop, unless you order everything in.

It sounds like OP has relatives here with which she has to resolve some issues. I guess they can shop for her and stock her rental, if they are vaccinated or recovered they can probably have seder together at her rental - so while she won't be able to go anywhere she might be able to host. I'm just not sure if she'll A. be able to get into the country and B. be sure she won't be sent to a corona hotel and C. won't be stuck here

If it's important enough then it might be worth the risk (I think A should be your biggest concern)

Rappel

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 1:27 am
Oh, stop raining on her parade! I think it's a lovely idea. At the very least, it's worth trying. Worst comes to worst - OP will get here and be sent to a Corona hotel. It's still in Eretz Yisrael.

OP -- how many people are you?

essie14

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 2:03 am
Rappel wrote:
Oh, stop raining on her parade! I think it's a lovely idea. At the very least, it's worth trying. Worst comes to worst - OP will get here and be sent to a Corona hotel. It's still in Eretz Yisrael.

OP -- how many people are you?

Corona/bidud hotels are not a vacation.
I know at least a dozen people who got sent to them and they all said it was a horrible experience.

tree of life

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 2:10 am
072-243-7733
Try Chaim vchesssed and ask them details hatzlacha

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 2:18 am
Yesterday, United announced that it is cancelling all flights to Israel for the next short while (end date unclear). Also, Ben Gurion only allows in 1000 passengers a day. I'm not saying it's impossible to get into the country, only that it's going to be very hard. You will need a backup plan.

Rappel

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 2:27 am
essie14 wrote:
Corona/bidud hotels are not a vacation.
I know at least a dozen people who got sent to them and they all said it was a horrible experience.

My friends were just in. It certainly wasn't a 5 star experience. Nor very clean, nor well-cared for. But it's not Alcatraz either. They had food, they had baths. If it's worth it to OP to potentially spend Pesach thus, then whom are we to argue?

tree of life

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 2:49 am
[quote="Rappel"]My friends were just in. It certainly wasn't a 5 star experience. Nor very clean, nor well-cared for. But it's not Alcatraz either. They had food, they had baths. If it's worth it to OP to potentially spend Pesach thus, then whom are we to argue?[/quote
My son was in there last week you are not allowed to step outside your room if I do it's 5000 shekai fine no balcony air plane meals bh he was only there for three days and sent him home to do rest at home not reccomended at all

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 3:00 am
Of course you should come to Israel. If you can get here its a zchus! You only have to quarantine at home but they will strictly enforce it this time.... You might be able to vaccinate hear more easily then from where your coming from. Good Luck and have a safe trip!

bobeli

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 3:16 am
You can try Airbnb or, tzimer rentals. I don’t think you will find too many things available because many Israelis want to go away too, depending on size/ amenities be prepared to spend money because is not cheap.
I recommend staying close to friends and family because if you really quarantine you need outside help to get food and other things, especially on pesach and pesach food.
You can go out of quarantine for testing and vaccines, so if you end up going I will recommend to vaccinate as soon as you can, especially for been able to go places that are open only yo vaccinated and to make the in and out of the country easier.

You have to think that things change very fast in this times and they can open and close anything at any time, a paid ticket means nothing until you are actually on an airborne airplane. Plan to be stuck in your hometown if they don’t let you in or stuck in Israel if they don’t let you out, including the corona hotels, etc.

If you have a valid pressing reason to go, is going to be hard work for you to pull it off, if you don’t have a good reason I will advise to go a different time when things are more steady.

Btw United didn’t cancel all flights and if you arrive before election you might have a better chance to be let in, if you have proof of Covid recovery from recently or vaccine it might make it easier as well.
Hatzlacha

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 3:35 am
You're right, not all United flights have been cancelled. That was a mix-up. But it's still not easy to travel. I wouldn't rely on being able to get here.

essie14

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 3:44 am
https://www.facebook.com/dov.l.....19644

Quote:
Dear fellow English-speaking olim,
It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that this Pesach will be a difficult one for many of you.
After just one day of dealing with the new rules and the new committee it is clear to me that most requests for non-Israelis to enter Israel will be denied and that most requests for non-vaccinated Israelis to travel abroad will be denied - even for children. And even for those who receive approval there is a serious scarcity of flights. I just have to tell it to you like it is.
So many of you have gone much longer without seeing your families than you could have ever imagined when you made aliyah. Many of you will be giving birth without your parents by your side, possibly even getting married without your closest of relatives. Plans to enjoy the Seder with parents, grandparents, and siblings will not come into fruition.
I am not saying that it’s not worth applying for approval and I will continue to guide those who ask for assistance through the process. I even told parents of young children to just show up for their flights last night and they all got onto the plane. And we will continue to fight for the rules to change and for more flights.

But the reality is still the reality.

Now is the time for us to do two things as a community. First, we must be there for one another. We must become the families that everyone is longing for. Please be there to assist and provide love for anyone who planned and even needed family and won’t have them. We are truly one family and now is the time to step up and make that as tangible as possible.

Second and even more important - I ask all of you to take a deep breath and then zoom out for a moment. We are blessed to live in our own state in our own land. With all of its flaws and challenges, we are literally living the fulfillment of prophecies. Without in any way belittling the challenge of experiencing Pesach or happy occasions with no close relatives, think of what our great-great-great grandparents would have sacrificed to just breathe the air of Israel for a few minutes. And we are blessed to live here! We are blessed to be living the prayers and dreams of our ancestors!
I will, of course, continue to be available to answer all your questions, to try to find solutions and to be a sounding board for whatever is on your minds. But please also work on accepting the reality that faces us and our remarkable capacity that we have to deal with whatever comes our way - especially as people who already had the strength of character to move to Israel in the first place.
Wishing all of you a wonderful day,
Dov

goforit

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 6:55 am
essie14 wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/dov.lipman/posts/5219519098119644

Quote:
Dear fellow English-speaking olim,
It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that this Pesach will be a difficult one for many of you.
After just one day of dealing with the new rules and the new committee it is clear to me that most requests for non-Israelis to enter Israel will be denied and that most requests for non-vaccinated Israelis to travel abroad will be denied - even for children. And even for those who receive approval there is a serious scarcity of flights. I just have to tell it to you like it is.
So many of you have gone much longer without seeing your families than you could have ever imagined when you made aliyah. Many of you will be giving birth without your parents by your side, possibly even getting married without your closest of relatives. Plans to enjoy the Seder with parents, grandparents, and siblings will not come into fruition.
I am not saying that it’s not worth applying for approval and I will continue to guide those who ask for assistance through the process. I even told parents of young children to just show up for their flights last night and they all got onto the plane. And we will continue to fight for the rules to change and for more flights.

But the reality is still the reality.

Now is the time for us to do two things as a community. First, we must be there for one another. We must become the families that everyone is longing for. Please be there to assist and provide love for anyone who planned and even needed family and won’t have them. We are truly one family and now is the time to step up and make that as tangible as possible.

Second and even more important - I ask all of you to take a deep breath and then zoom out for a moment. We are blessed to live in our own state in our own land. With all of its flaws and challenges, we are literally living the fulfillment of prophecies. Without in any way belittling the challenge of experiencing Pesach or happy occasions with no close relatives, think of what our great-great-great grandparents would have sacrificed to just breathe the air of Israel for a few minutes. And we are blessed to live here! We are blessed to be living the prayers and dreams of our ancestors!
I will, of course, continue to be available to answer all your questions, to try to find solutions and to be a sounding board for whatever is on your minds. But please also work on accepting the reality that faces us and our remarkable capacity that we have to deal with whatever comes our way - especially as people who already had the strength of character to move to Israel in the first place.
Wishing all of you a wonderful day,
Dov

Do you have dov lipmans contact information?

chanchy123

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 7:05 am
Just read that they decided to cancel vaadat charigim - exemption committee, so you shouldn’t have much of a hassle getting out. If you’re willing to quarantine while you’re here (10 days) might be worth it, you might even manage to vote and get vaccinated if you’re here long enough which is an added bonus. Just be prepared for things to change drastically at any time.

Last edited by chanchy123 on Tue, Mar 09 2021, 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 7:05 am
I don't know if this makes a difference to anyone's plans https://www.israelnationalnews.....98056

Israel will 'definitely' impose restrictions on Passover night

Senior Health Ministry officials say restrictions on public activity during Passover night are a certainty, question is only which limits.

Mar 07 , 2021 9:42 PM

Israel will impose some form of restrictions on public activity during the night of the Passover Seder, senior health officials said Sunday night.

According to a report by Channel 13, senior Health Ministry officials said Israel would ‘definitely’ impose at least some limits on public activity during the first night of the Passover festival, which begins later this month, but said it remains unclear precisely what kinds of restrictions will be imposed.

Ministry officials on Sunday held the first meeting to address the issue, discussing which restrictions to impose.

The sources cited by the report said that the chances of a full lockdown being imposed are low.

Instead, the officials on Sunday suggested lowering the number of people allowed to gather together.

Sunday’s meeting also focused on the issue of unvaccinated children during mass gatherings on the holiday. Currently, children under the age of 16 are unable to receive the COVID vaccination, except in special cases approved by a medical committee.

The deliberations on Passover night restrictions will continue through this week and next week, the report said.

Earlier on Sunday, Tomer Lotan, chief of the Magen Yisrael team, said in an interview with Arutz Sheva that there are currently no plans to impose a lockdown during Passover, while emphasizing that the final decision would depend on the trends in the infection rate and numbers of seriously ill patients in the next week to 10 days.

“I’m asked quite often about that and I must say that one of the things I took from last year is the need to be cautious about making promises. I think that as long as the present trend of stability in the number of seriously ill patients and daily infections remains, then we’ll be able to celebrate Passover in a much better way that during last year.”

“On the other hand, you could say that the next two weeks will be very critical in determining how we answer that question. We will see in the next few days the effect of Purim, and in ten days we will see the effect of the third stage of the reopening of the economy. So the closer we get to Passover, the better we’ll be able to see where we stand.”

essie14

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 7:44 am
goforit wrote:
Do you have dov lipmans contact information?

Click the Facebook link I posted
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions