Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Vaccine in LA

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 8:45 pm
Has anyone had any luck scheduling a vaccine in CA? I’m eligible but can’t get a hold of an appointment. Is there anyone in the community who has the ability to help secure appointments?

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 9:17 pm
I’m in Northern California, but I’ve had success booking appointments for myself and relatives. If you have a health system you are part of, often those appointments are easier to get than the state run ones. I’ve heard some people had luck going through CVS too. If you’re going through myturn.ca.gov, appointments fill up very quickly but they add new batches of appointments often. I had success by just refreshing the page every 10-15 minutes throughout the day.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 9:53 pm
I was vaccinated a while ago and based on my friends, it's really just a combination of perseverance and luck.

You might try actually calling the number instead of using the website. My friend was put on hold but then was scheduled by someone which was easier than trying all the possibilities.

Have you visited the website?

My friend's mother signed up directly through a Cedar Sinai phone number. I don't know if that one will help

Please sign-up for a My CS-Link™ account at https://wwwmycslink.org/, or please
call us at (855) 427-5465, 7 days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 10:21 pm
Thank you both.
I’m a cedars patient but can’t find any way to book with them online. I think they’re by invitation only but I’ll try that number tomorrow. I’ve been trying CVS, Walgreens and rite aid with no luck. I really don’t want to go to Dodgers or another huge drive through. I’m much more comfortable with a pharmacy or medical center.

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 10:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Has anyone had any luck scheduling a vaccine in CA? I’m eligible but can’t get a hold of an appointment. Is there anyone in the community who has the ability to help secure appointments?

PM me.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 11:11 pm
Have you tried this site:
https://www.vaccinateca.com/

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 11:25 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:

It says only 65 years old and older.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 11:27 pm

Thank you, yes. It’s the same cvs, rite aid, Ralph’s and Walgreens that the websites say nothing available. For cedars Sinai it says by invitation only. I’m kind of hoping I’ll get an invite from them sometime soon because I’m immunodeficient but who knows.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 11:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you, yes. It’s the same cvs, rite aid, Ralph’s and Walgreens that the websites say nothing available. For cedars Sinai it says by invitation only. I’m kind of hoping I’ll get an invite from them sometime soon because I’m immunodeficient but who knows.

Can you reach out to your primary care doctor to see if they can help you. Otherwise you may need to do one of the big drive in sites. Maybe a family member could drive you if it makes you nervous.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 11:39 pm
Can you reach out to your primary care doctor to see if they can help you. Otherwise you may need to do one of the big drive in sites. Maybe a family member could drive you if it makes you nervous.

I can ask him. I feel bad though because Cedars-Sinai specifically says that their drs are unable to get patients vaccine appointments and request that people not call the physician offices about it. He’s extremely nice though so I guess it can’t hurt to reach out.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 11:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can ask him. I feel bad though because Cedars-Sinai specifically says that their drs are unable to get patients vaccine appointments and request that people not call the physician offices about it. He’s extremely nice though so I guess it can’t hurt to reach out.

You may as well. Even if he can’t get you an appointment he may know some tips on how to get one, like when new appointments are released or a different clinic that has more openings. I’ve also heard that if you’re willing to drive, going east into the more rural areas sometimes can have more availability because people there are more skeptical of the vaccine. Haven’t tried it myself though because I’ve always been able to get appointments locally.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 12:32 am
I was vaccinated at Dodgers and it was great. I was in and out in about 30 minutes counting waiting time to see if I had a reaction. I sat comfortably in my car. It was super well organized. If you are afraid to use one of the large sites that are drive through, you are being foolish.

Almost every one I know used a large drive through site.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 1:26 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I was vaccinated at Dodgers and it was great. I was in and out in about 30 minutes counting waiting time to see if I had a reaction. I sat comfortably in my car. It was super well organized. If you are afraid to use one of the large sites that are drive through, you are being foolish.

Almost every one I know used a large drive through site.

I’m apprehensive about it but would do it if it was my only choice. The problem is I can’t get an appointment.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 1:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m apprehensive about it but would do it if it was my only choice. The problem is I can’t get an appointment.

Have you tried refreshing all day? Every time you want to go on imamother or Facebook or WhatsApp or whatever, refresh the appointment page first. You should be able to get one at a big site.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 1:46 am
Have you tried refreshing all day? Every time you want to go on imamother or Facebook or WhatsApp or whatever, refresh the appointment page first. You should be able to get one at a big site.

That’s what I’ve been doing. I’ll keep trying.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 1:50 am
Go on the carbon health site from the department of health's Covid website. I made an appointment today for later this week. Been trying for a long time... But they make sure you qualify as you must upload proof. So you must be employed in one of those fields that qualify in LA county- 65+, healthcare worker, teacher, daycare worker etc. don't fake it as they said they verify when you show up too and will turn you away if you don't meet the criteria.
I have to drive a little to get there but at least I got an appointment.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 2:18 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Go on the carbon health site from the department of health's Covid website. I made an appointment today for later this week. Been trying for a long time... But they make sure you qualify as you must upload proof. So you must be employed in one of those fields that qualify in LA county- 65+, healthcare worker, teacher, daycare worker etc. don't fake it as they said they verify when you show up too and will turn you away if you don't meet the criteria.
I have to drive a little to get there but at least I got an appointment.

I would never fake it!! I have a letter from the school that I work at.

I refreshed a bunch of sites all day and finally got an appointment at a CVS. Thanks everyone for your advice!

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 1:58 pm
Glad you got an appointment, OP! For anyone else in the same boat, I came across this Twitter bot that announces new appointments.

https://twitter.com/CovidVaccineCA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics