Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Dress my tiny 22 month old boy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 4:11 pm
I see all these threads about people getting help dressing their children and figured maybe you guys could help me also .
My 22 month old was a preemie and continues to be completely tiny ( think just hit 20 pounds, just growing out of some size 3-6 months in companies like gap and Zara)
I actually like the trendy Jewish styles , and also they are a good look for him usually bc they are more fitted.
Two questions ...
1) I'm willing to spend money on some of it and bH can afford it but would love to find some cheaper options that are still that look and will fit him nicely and not completely overwhelm him . Anyone have any ideas ?
2) I would love for him to look his age and not like his size ( he's prob the size of a 8/9 month old) . What would you recommend to put him in ? I got a few sets of legging type shorts with coordinating shirts but many t shirts ( like Zara and target ) just hang on him and look like he's dressing up. Would you still put a kid like this in rompers or bloomers ?

If anyone can send me links of options that are cute and would look age appropriate but still fit a super skinny kid I woudk really appreciate it . Looking for primarily summer s5uff

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 4:43 pm
I wouldn’t do rompers etc.is he walking?

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 4:48 pm
At 22 months you can still do rompers although they look a bit younger depending on the style. Definitely bloomers or bloomers with suspenders especially the high waisted ones. You can also do the ribbed sets, they often look very near because they're a more fitted look. Tottini has a couple of cute ones this season.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 4:51 pm

This so could be me writing this. My son was a premie, is the same age, and 21 lbs.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 4:53 pm

I really like Carters for size. We don’t really buy Jewish brands.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 5:04 pm
Buy leggings/legging shorts. I wouldn't do any other type shorts as they will look baggy on him.
Kidi chic has tiny boy sweaters for the summer with coordinating and matching big boy sweaters. They run about 18 to 20$ and sound like they would be a good fit for him.

I personally find bloomers look odd on kids who are walking, definitely not on an almost 2 yr old.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 5:05 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
At 22 months you can still do rompers although they look a bit younger depending on the style. Definitely bloomers or bloomers with suspenders especially the high waisted ones. You can also do the ribbed sets, they often look very near because they're a more fitted look. Tottini has a couple of cute ones this season.

I got my 11 month old an adorable ribbed set from tottini. He weighs the same as your baby and I got 12 to 18 months since it did shrink in dryer

bnm

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 6:17 pm
my kid was 19 pounds at 2 years. I put her on the same shorts and tops everyone wore. Most non Jewish brands have an overlap between infant and toddler sizing. Find those brands like Zara, H and M, Janie and Jack.... get the cute toddler things but in the size that fits him.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 6:24 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:

This so could be me writing this. My son was a premie, is the same age, and 21 lbs.

Delicious!!!!

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 6:38 pm
short leggings and any brand tshirt just size down, I find the girls cut narrower so I get neutral things from there

mizle10

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 7:22 pm
I find zara tshirts to run super boxy. Maybe try H&M, they tend to be narrow.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 7:44 pm
My 18 month old boy is tall but thin, any advice for stores good for that body type?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics