Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
We need a new game here! Question me!
  Previous  1  2  3 179  180  181 216  217  218  Next

simcha4

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 3:28 am
Ima Piano wrote:
Won't take me time as I'm not being home

How tired are you on a scale from one to 10

good question. ummm, I'd say appr. 6-7.

If you live in a one floor apt.: How do you avoid chometz in places that are already cleaned for Pesach? esp. on Purim and with little kids running around, b"H?

A freilechen Purim to all Laugh

Ima Piano

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 9:24 am
You close up the areas that are cleaned as best as possible

How was your week

#Happymom

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 9:54 am
Bh!! Very relaxing and fun😁

Where are you up to in Pesach cleaning?

Ima Piano

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 10:56 am
#Happymom wrote:
Bh!! Very relaxing and fun😁

Where are you up to in Pesach cleaning?

Pretty good. My silver is done and 2 bedrooms and closets and a few cabinets.

Do you thank hashem every day

simcha4

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 4:47 pm
Ima Piano wrote:
Pretty good. My silver is done and 2 bedrooms and closets and a few cabinets.

Do you thank hashem every day

YES!!!! I do. And I thank Hashem when I remember to thank Him daily. For even the minutest of things. And I beseech Him to Help me remember to thank Him throughout the day.
For without Hashem's Help I wouldn't exist.

Do you buy new (board) games and toys for your family for Pesach?

#Happymom

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 4:54 pm
Yes!! We want to buy new toys, deciding between a new tea set or new dolls. But we'll probably buy a nice tea set for the girls iyH.

What have bought for pesach already?

simcha4

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 5:09 pm
#Happymom wrote:
Yes!! We want to buy new toys, deciding between a new tea set or new dolls. But we'll probably buy a nice tea set for the girls iyH.

What have bought for pesach already?

That's so cute - a tea set. I remember when I was young how I loved seating my dolls around the play table, and announcing, "it's tea time now." And placing a cup and saucer by my place and by each doll's. In England, tea time is an official time of the day. Smile

Didn't yet start Pesach shopping.

Where/what do you start first cleaning for Pesach?

Ima Piano

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 9:51 pm
I start by the bedrooms the less jmpt then move on to the kitchen etc

Did u have covid yet

simcha4

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 10:26 pm
Ima Piano wrote:
I start by the bedrooms the less jmpt then move on to the kitchen etc

Did u have covid yet

What is jmpt abbr. for?

Yes. I had corona.

What about you?

#Happymom

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 12:10 am
Not yet, although I was in contact with someone who had it, so I'm currently in bidud for my first time😁 let's see if I get it!!

How was your covid???

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 3:34 am
Terrible.

What do you do if you wake in middle of night?

chayarg

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 5:50 am
Try calling back asleep. Actually go a little mad. What's your sneak treat lekoved pesach?

#Happymom

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 6:12 am
I'm eating up all the rogellach that I found in the freezer😁 no one else knows that they're there!!

What's your favourite board game?

simcha4

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:11 pm
#Happymom wrote:
I'm eating up all the rogellach that I found in the freezer😁 no one else knows that they're there!!

What's your favourite board game?

Enjoy! Now I also know that they're there. Very Happy

I'm old-fashioned Wink Monopoly. Rummy.

Do you have demonstrations/riots near where you live? (I hear now shouting, hooting cars, people running, from a demo near us Rolling Eyes )

ah

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 7:48 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Enjoy! Now I also know that they're there. Very Happy

I'm old-fashioned Wink Monopoly. Rummy.

Do you have demonstrations/riots near where you live? (I hear now shouting, hooting cars, people running, from a demo near us Rolling Eyes )

Nope! All is quiet here

Do you like to eat breakfast foods for dinner (pancakes, eggs etc)?

simcha4

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 10:45 pm
ah wrote:
Nope! All is quiet here

Do you like to eat breakfast foods for dinner (pancakes, eggs etc)?

Yes.

Any specific foods your family don't eat on Pesach?

#Happymom

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 3:04 am
I have no idea! I think we eat pretty regular stuff☺ dh doesnt have a father, so there's no minhagim to follow, unfortunatly.

What's your favourite Pesach recipe?

dankbar

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:34 am
#Happymom wrote:
I have no idea! I think we eat pretty regular stuff☺ dh doesnt have a father, so there's no minhagim to follow, unfortunatly.

Pesach chumras are mostly based on mesorah, so many women will continue cooking & keeping the chumros they learned from their mom in food & Pesach preps, when they were growing up, while they were cooking/cleaning side by side, with their own mom for Pesach. That's how these things were all the years back.

If husband is from a different sect or insists on special chumros, then yes, the wife has to follow her husband, but if he doesn't have any special requests or preference, then you are ok to follow what your own mom did.

simcha4

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 9:22 am
dankbar wrote:
Pesach chumras are mostly based on mesorah, so many women will continue cooking & keeping the chumros they learned from their mom in food & Pesach preps, when they were growing up, while they were cooking/cleaning side by side, with their own mom for Pesach. That's how these things were all the years back.

If husband is from a different sect or insists on special chumros, then yes, the wife has to follow her husband, but if he doesn't have any special requests or preference, then you are ok to follow what your own mom did.

Thank you "dankbar" you put it down precise and beautiful. I just want to add that a woman will/can continue keeping the Pesach/chumros she learnt from her mother BUT only if her husband agrees with it/them. If her keeping the chumros she saw at home causes shalom bayis issues then she has no mitzvah in doing them, also b/c after marriage the woman is obligated to keep her husband's chumros.
here's an eg. of a complete turnover of a chumrah for shalom bayis and respect for my husband:
as a girl my family ate no gebrokts on Pesach and were careful the matzah didn't get wet from water etc.
I married into a frum Yerushalmi family where they do eat gebrokts. My husband eats gebrokts and I happily changed over to a gebrokts menu.

"Happymom" dearest: I really love your s/n, may Hashem Bless you should always be a happy Mom.
Chumros is as "dankbar" excellently explained a mesorah- traditions that are handed down through generations, or if chassidish, following the chumras of one's chassidus.

Chumras DOES NOT make a person's Pesach more special or holier than the person who does not keep chumras. Officially a Yid is obligated to follow halacha. There are no chumras in halacha leTorah.
So, precious "Happymom": your Pesach is just as beautiful and special without chumros.

Please note: my game Q was innocent. I had NO INTENTION of c/v hurting anyone or starting a discussion. So, let's happily return to the game. Smile

simcha4

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 9:36 am
#Happymom wrote:

Potato kugel cooked in a deep frying pan. We don't own a Pesach oven.
Also, chremzlech.
Egg lukshen.

Do you find that Pesach cooked food has its unique delicious taste, different than the same food during the year?
Page 180 of 218   Previous  1  2  3 179  180  181 216  217  218  Next Recent Topics