Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How do you organize your masks?

Elfrida

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 2:15 am
After a year of masks being a more or less regular feature of our lives, how do you keep them organized? I mean the washable ones, of course, not disposable.

While I've been cleaning/organizing ahead of Pesach, I've realized that we have no official way to store masks, and they seem to cluster randomly on dressers, in drawers, in bags and in pockets (and under the beds). I'm hoping we can get rid of them soon, but in the meantime I want to institute some kind of mask storage system. Do you hang them up, keep them in a drawer, or a basket? Any other ideas?

happyone

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 2:20 am
a container for all washed masks where one keeps gloves, scarves so everyone can easily take one when leaving home. I always keep a pack of disposables in the car.

the children each have one hanging from window as I wash it 3 times a week. they either hang it or place in their briefcase .
#ournewreality

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 2:28 am
We have a basket of washed masks near the door. And we have hooks nearby where we have the ones we are currently using for that day or two. We trying to switch masks every other day at least.... Although it doesn't really happen......

Teomima

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 2:45 am
I have a bunch of hooks near the door where I hang masks.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 3:08 am
We have hooks next to the front door for each adult and a box of fresh disposables for the kids.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 3:24 am
We have a mask drawer near the front door. Mostly it's for the kids. Mine is always hanging from the rear view mirror of my car. Same for DH.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 3:30 am
Drawer near the door for disposable and fresh reusables.

I keep my in use ones in the car till they are ready for a wash, hanging on my magnetic phone mount.

Gd knows what my 5 year old does with his when he comes home. I find them all over the house. A hook is actually a good idea.

SingALong

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 3:32 am
Hanging shelves over the door of my coat closet. Mostly disposable masks. The washable ones kids keep attached to their coat and put it in the laundry each Friday. I keep mine in my pocketbook and car. Also have spare disposables for my car.

mamaG

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 4:29 am
I put up hooks inside the front hall closet door to put clean ones. Once the kids wear them, they go to the basement door and hang on tve knob till I do laundry

STMommy

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:52 am
I hang them from the clips of skirt hangers in my laundry area

Beyla

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:55 am
We have a box with masks near the door... it contains everything we now need before leaving the house... masks (washed ones and different kinds of disposable ones), gloves, hydro alcoholic gel etc......

Last edited by Beyla on Wed, Mar 10 2021, 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Beyla

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:56 am
For us it doesn’t go everywhere since it’s full of germs, directly to the garbage or to the wash (but we use mainly disposable ones).

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 6:02 am
I also hang from door- those are mostly the kids from school. And have a plastic shoe rack on my coat closet door for gloves, shopping bags etc & washed masks in a pocket.

I keep a box of disposable masks in a basket in closet in my room so I grab one as I’m getting dressed because I rather put it on before I leave then bother with messing up my shaitel.
Keep some new disposable ones in kitchen drawer and of course an bunch of new ones in diaper bag, pocket book, coat pocket for those days I’m out for hours and need a new one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics