Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What toys to bring to in-laws?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 12:48 am
For kids ages 5 and 7. Small and compact, not a million pieces. She has clics and magnatiles, and that’s it!! So Pesach we definitely need more activities...she lives in 55plus community so no playground, swings etc

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 12:51 am
I get new kids books from the library. My grandkids love when I read them books.

I also have some games like dominoes, connect 4, a match/memory game.

Playstix is a popular toy.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 1:07 am
Guess Who
Zingo
Dollhouse with dollhouse toys
Floor puzzles

dankbar

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 3:47 am
Games

Elfrida

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 3:56 am
How long are you going to be there? If its just the beginning of Yom Tov you need less than if you are going to be there through Chol HaMoed and for the end if Yom Tov.

Try to find something simple that will give them some outside exercise. A ball, a skipping rope (jump rope) or similar. They'll need a chance to run around over a three day Yom Tov.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 6:16 am
Books

Baby dolls and strollers (for girls)

The water wow books / crayons if you'll be there child hamoed.

A ball or two if there's out door space to play.

2-3 basic board games that they like (maybe even buy new ones special for yt)

And let each one pick 1 more toy they want to bring.

SingALong

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 6:23 am
My kids love card games like go fish, spot it, uno. They’re cheap, small, easy to bring along and it’s no big deal if a few cards get lost.
Another vote for books. Def a ball, and a couple of things to play outside. If the weather is nice you can go with them on a walk. I do that a lot when I’m away for yt to give the kids some time away from the house.

byisrael

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:17 am
I was gonna suggest playmobile but then saw you said small and compact

card games - uno, go fish, spot -it, smack -it, blink
outdoor games -ball, frisbee, jump rope....
BOOKS - go to the library

I would still bring playmobile or lego- I find pretend play can go on for hours the ther games can't, but they are much more messy/ small pieces/ large items

newmother

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:40 am
Mentchies for the 5 year old to use with the clics and magnatiles, some board games that you can play with 7 year old (and 5 year old) and one or two small toys that 7 year old can play independently (like rush hour)

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:42 am
I would bring a container of cars and menchies to use with the magna tiles and clics.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:48 am
My kids can last for hours with clicks and manga tiles. I would bring something they can use outside like bubbles, chalk, jump rope, Chinese jump rope. Not sure if you mean for yom tov proper in which case those wouldn’t be a good option.
Also dolls so they can build houses and play house.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 9:04 am
Mine play with games for a few minutes and that's with me playing with them. They play with the duplo/lego or playmobil for hours. I would recommend a small playset that offers open ended play. I like the playmobil sets that are all in one like the house where all the pieces get stored inside it and it doubles as storage. Also less messy.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 9:23 am
When we go away we usually take
Books, games, mentchies, dolls/doll strollers, doll house (we have a travel one), some Playmobil travel sets.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children