Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Communities in South Florida

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 10:27 pm
We are looking into buying a home in South Florida. I’d like to know more about the different communities, areas, and trustworthy real estate agents.
I know of Hollywood, Boca, NMB, and Miami Beach. We are looking for a young community, where our children will have friends, and there is a shul with a warm atmosphere.
Any information would be greatly appreciated!

southernbubby

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 10:37 pm
Please PM me. I may be able to help.

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 10:45 pm
Hashkafa?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 11:22 pm
I hate putting myself in a box, but if I had to, I’d say Heimish. Does Heimish even exist in South Florida?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 1:22 am
There are heimish families in north Miami Beach and miami beach. There is a heimish shteible in both of these communities as well.
But no heimish schools- if that's important to you.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 1:24 am
As far as I know, Hollywood and Boca will be too modern for you.
My recommendation would be to come down here for a shabbos. Meet some people, check out the schools. You'll get a much better feel for the place.
Housing is very expensive now. It seems like the whole NY decided to move to FL.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 1:01 am
Tampa is starting a Chassidic/Heimishe community, bit it's literally just getting off the ground

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 10:15 pm
What’s the elementary school tuition like after scholarships for local school’s?

Would a family with 4 kids and income of 100k be obligated to pay $10-12k per child or a more reasonable 5k? If the former, then it’s a deal breaker and we can’t move here.

I called 2 schools and was told that in OOT communities, big tuition breaks don’t occur unless we’re in chinuch. True?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating