Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
10 month old is always unhappy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:37 pm
Please help. I don't know what is with my baby. He is not my first at all bh. But he is always cranky, moody and upset. He almost never wants to go down amd play without coaxing, he kvetches and cries all the time. Bh his development seems great bli ayin hara. But he is always in a bad mood. Crying, kvetching, yelling. He doesn't seem uncomfortable or like something is physically bothering him. He gets lots of love and attention.
Did anyone have a baby like this? Did they grow out of it and become happier, less high maintenance?

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:41 pm
Does he eat and sleep enough?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:41 pm
My now 6 year old was a whiny, cranky, moany baby. All the time. Developmental
Stages (like learning how to walk or talk) helped. But until maybe age 2 that was her baseline. Now she’s not mOAny anymore bit she is intense: a deep thinker, very curious

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:44 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Does he eat and sleep enough?

He eats lots bh. Sleep is broken up but I think he gets enough. He was like this even when he slept the day away as a newborn

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:44 pm
[quote="amother [ Ecru ]"]My now 6 year old was a whiny, cranky, moany baby. All the time. Developmental
Stages (like learning how to walk or talk) helped. But until maybe age 2 that was her baseline. Now she’s not mOAny anymore bit she is intense: a deep thinker, very curious[/quote

This makes me feel a bit better.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 9:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He eats lots bh. Sleep is broken up but I think he gets enough. He was like this even when he slept the day away as a newborn

If his sleep is broken up he may not be getting all the parts of sleep.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 10:00 pm
Does he get at least one stretch of five hours of sleep?
My Dr is into that...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 10:04 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Does he get at least one stretch of five hours of sleep?
My Dr is into that...

No, I don't think so. He sleeps about 11 hours at night but broken up. He wakes up many times throughout the night needing to be put back to sleep. We are having no luck sleep training him though we tried many things. Do you think that could be it?

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 6:53 am
My baby was like this until he started walking. Never ever happy cried literally all day... now he’s 18 months old and the cutest thing ever with a ton of energy. He loves to run and climb and was never happy before he could move.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 7:22 am
Teething?

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 8:12 pm
I would take him off gluten for two weeks and see if he improves. Gluten often can make people feel uch even without specific symptoms. I don’t think there’s such a thing as a moody baby. Something is bothering him but it’s not apparent

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 8:21 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I would take him off gluten for two weeks and see if he improves. Gluten often can make people feel uch even without specific symptoms. I don’t think there’s such a thing as a moody baby. Something is bothering him but it’s not apparent

Babies are people. Some people at baseline are happy flappy and some aren’t. With my baby knowing her now it suits her.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:06 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Babies are people. Some people at baseline are happy flappy and some aren’t. With my baby knowing her now it suits her.

Thanks, I think you're right.

To the mother who suggested going off gluten - he was like this from around 3 months old. Way before he had food. He's very high maintenance, intense.

oneofakind

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 8:04 am
Check for silent reflux.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 9:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If he is cranky and sleep being broken up (wakes up often) take him to a pediatric gastroenterologist. He could have silent reflux without any outward symptoms.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 9:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No, I don't think so. He sleeps about 11 hours at night but broken up. He wakes up many times throughout the night needing to be put back to sleep. We are having no luck sleep training him though we tried many things. Do you think that could be it?

OMG that sounds just like my daughter who had silent reflux.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 1:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
OMG that sounds just like my daughter who had silent reflux.

It's funny because as a baby he did seem to have many signs of reflux but nothing strong enough to diagnose.
I will make an appointment at a GI. Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics