Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Seminary for Dummies

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 11:28 pm
I got a teaching job straight out of 12th grade so I didn't go to seminary.
But I was always wondering what I missed out on!
I don't have sisters and I would love to know what exactly do you do in a local seminary?
I'm sure that it isn't just an additional school year..

For half day seminary, what is covered?
And for full day?
In regard to local seminaries, in NY and NJ, What's the program and schedule like? How is it different than 12th grade?

I greatly appreciate your replies!!

DrMom

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 11:37 pm
You can become a teacher as a high school grad?

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 11:43 pm
I went to Darchei Binah in Israel.
First, I got to know and truly love the land of Israel. I went to the kotel often, toured beautiful sites and kevarim and met special people, people who live on so little and love Judaism so much, cultural people. I just loved being there. We also went to Poland where my understanding of the Holocaust was deepened and It touched my deeply.
I developed a true connection to Hashem- before that I had a superficial connection.
Even years later, my heart overflows with longing when I think of israel and it's blue skies and the peacefulness of saying tehillim in the kotel plaza and the sweet tiny taste of what geulah will look like based on what I saw in the old city on Shavuos and the days of Birchas Kohanim on chol hamoed.
Libi bamizrach

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 11:57 pm
DrMom wrote:
You can become a teacher as a high school grad?

Yes, I went to a Chassidish school, and got a teaching job in that same school.
I considered going to a local seminary but dropped the idea when I got the job.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 12:00 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I went to Darchei Binah in Israel.
First, I got to know and truly love the land of Israel. I went to the kotel often, toured beautiful sites and kevarim and met special people, people who live on so little and love Judaism so much, cultural people. I just loved being there. We also went to Poland where my understanding of the Holocaust was deepened and It touched my deeply.
I developed a true connection to Hashem- before that I had a superficial connection.
Even years later, my heart overflows with longing when I think of israel and it's blue skies and the peacefulness of saying tehillim in the kotel plaza and the sweet tiny taste of what geulah will look like based on what I saw in the old city on Shavuos and the days of Birchas Kohanim on chol hamoed.
Libi bamizrach

WOW! There's truly nothing like Eretz Yisroel!!!!! The experience!
BH I have family in Jerusalem so I spent many summers there. I miss that place from the minute I get off the plane! I really appreciate your response!

I'll edit my original post. I was more curious in knowing what the experience is like in a local seminary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries