Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Lets get Organized -support group
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 9:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think this is quite common.

Many years ago, I paid a friend (who is also a prpffessional shopper) to help me with my wardrobe. (I am a terrible shopper).

The first thing she did was come to my house. She had me remove every article of clothing, and try on each and every thing. She "paskened" whetherkts a keeper or not.

She threw out 95 percent of what I owned. At the end we had many large balck garbage bags. She took them in her car to donate ti a gemach (so that I shouldnt go into the bags afterwards and fish out the clothes.)

After that we went shopping, and she helped me find amazing outfits that fit my body type. It was really incredible because its been many years, and I still enjoy those clothes.

So this might be kind of extreme for you, but if you have a friend that you trust their judgement and would be ready to submit to their judgment, they could help you purge those clothes you will never wear ahain or thatbdint look good on you.

Fact is that styles change. So even if I were to ever go back to my sheva brachos weight, those things are totally out of style by now.

Yes my friend came to help me choose what to throw out one year and it was awesome but it's been like 7 years and her life is too busy now BH. We talk over the phone and meet up for lunch during work a couple of times a year but we barely have time for ourselves and don't manage with extras as much as we want to help each other. Smile

dankbar

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 4:13 am
Today I dumped a plastic platter with cover that was sitting on my counter for a couple of days, that I received a breakfast in. It was clean & very functional to use for such a purpose but it is way too bulky to storage. When I will want to send a meal, a larger mm or set up for a crowd, I will buy new one. They are disposable & not expensive.

Today, my son dismantled an expensive mm gift, he had gotten for Purim. He didn't let me keep the tassle it was tied in, and just dumped it. I usually do keep nice ribbons to reuse, from gift packages or mm I receive.

professor

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 4:00 pm
I am in the process of throwing away TONS of things today. Everything is going to the trash. I have no rachmanus on any item. I want some applause. Everyone clap.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 4:32 pm
professor wrote:
I am in the process of throwing away TONS of things today. Everything is going to the trash. I have no rachmanus on any item. I want some applause. Everyone clap.

👏👏👏
Can I join the party? I have been working with the kids to get rid of as much of their junk as possible. Dh is freaking out that I overstuff the trash bags and they may bust and end up all over the sidewalk. TMI

professor

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 5:08 pm
ra_mom wrote:
👏👏👏
Can I join the party? I have been working with the kids to get rid of as much of their junk as possible. Dh is freaking out that I overstuff the trash bags and they may bust and end up all over the sidewalk. TMI

Oh boy I am not anywhere up to my kids' things yet... I need them to do it though. Because I have no clue what they want and what they can throw out

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 5:38 pm
professor wrote:
. Director Thumbs Up 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics