Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Very rigid- has his own rules- potches/tantrums
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 12:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much everyone for all responses. I really want my son to succeed in life and I'm starting to get worried. I used to say he's just little and will grow out of it but now his behaviors sometimes are so so different then typical of his age

People with ASD can succeed in life, get married, have kids, go to yeshiva or seminary, and integrate into society. It's not a death sentance.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 12:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
so where do I evaluate for these things, pandas I assume needs to he evaluated separately

Developmental pediatrician or neuropsychologist. Sorry I know it’s painful.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 1:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
so where do I evaluate for these things, pandas I assume needs to he evaluated separately

If you're in the New York area, I highly recommend neurologist, Dr. Rosario Trifiletti in Ramsey, NJ.
For many kids with pandas, using an antiinflammatory like Motrin can improve symptoms. You can try giving your child Motrin ever 6 hours for 2-3 days. If you notice any improvement, no matter how slight, that would be a good indicator that what you're dealing with is pandas.

Hashemlovesme1

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 11:27 am
Attn OP- can you please pm me? Having a very similar issue and would love to discuss with another mother dealing with it.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers