Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Monsey: Got accepted to both Kesser Bais Yakov & BSM
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Kesser Bais Yakov or Bais Shifra Miriam
Kesser Bais Yakov  
 68%  [ 11 ]
Bais Shifra Miriam  
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 10:30 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Bsm is very chasidish used to be more open minded and bigger mix the younger grades are mostly chasidish
The chinuch is very old school

Kessler Bais yakov is a big mix, I have close family there and most girls there speak English only

How can they speak English only if the school is in Yiddish?

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 10:44 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
How can they speak English only if the school is in Yiddish?

They speak yiddish during yiddish class but English the rest of the time. They know yiddish but speaking English. Many kids are like this.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:11 pm
BSM does serve hot lunches for the preschool.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:13 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
BSM does serve hot lunches for the preschool.

Pre school is basically Nursery and Kindergarten. Pre 1A is part of elementary. This doesn't mean the school gives lunch.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:25 pm
Don’t base your kids education on a school
That provides lunches.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 12:32 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Don’t base your kids education on a school
That provides lunches.

For me it's a huge factor especially if the schools are quite similar. No lunch would almost be a deal breaker for me. If there's no other choice, yeah it is what it is. But if other schools are similar I'd rather send to a school that gives lunch.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 2:00 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
For me it's a huge factor especially if the schools are quite similar. No lunch would almost be a deal breaker for me. If there's no other choice, yeah it is what it is. But if other schools are similar I'd rather send to a school that gives lunch.

IMO no two schools are that similar that lunches should be a deciding factor.

amother
White

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 4:52 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
The person I know at KBY is covered and from Williamsburg.
Maybe the crowd is different. Best to confirm.

So you described a school based on one person you know who sends there? Cool...

I know four people who send there and not only do they wear plain uncovered sheitels, but they wouldn't send to a school where covered sheitlach are the norm.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 10:23 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
So you described a school based on one person you know who sends there? Cool...

I know four people who send there and not only do they wear plain uncovered sheitels, but they wouldn't send to a school where covered sheitlach are the norm.

Hi- do you mind elaborating on what type of families they are? Monsey old-timers or newcomers? Where do they send their boys? Are all the families chasidish? How are they different from BSM?

I wouldn't base my decision on school lunches but I understand those who do. We all have different priorities and telling someone what should or shouldn't be a priority is none of our business.

I greatly appreciate everyone’s input.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 10:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi- do you mind elaborating on what type of families they are? Monsey old-timers or newcomers? Where do they send their boys? Are all the families chasidish? How are they different from BSM?

I wouldn't base my decision on school lunches but I understand those who do. We all have different priorities and telling someone what should or shouldn't be a priority is none of our business.

All families are chassidish. It's a regular chassidish yiddish speaking school. I know people that send their boys to Imrei Binah. It's a mix of Monsey old timers and newcomers. Some covered wigs but more uncovered wigs.

amother
White

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 11:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Of the four women I know who send there:
three are Bais Rochel graduates themselves, one moved from BP and I think she went to BY.
three send their boys to Bais Dovid, one to Imrei Binah
one has her older daughters in Bais Rochel, the other three it's their oldest daughter
three wear black tights, one wears only beige
all wear uncovered sheitlach, two wear simple above shoulder length, the other two wear longer more "with it" shoulder length
two belong to a specific chassidus that doesn't have a mossed in Monsey, the other two are more heimish chassidish
all four women drive and they did so before they knew which school their DD would be attending

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 12:27 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Of the four women I know who send there:
three are Bais Rochel graduates themselves, one moved from BP and I think she went to BY.
three send their boys to Bais Dovid, one to Imrei Binah
one has her older daughters in Bais Rochel, the other three it's their oldest daughter
three wear black tights, one wears only beige
all wear uncovered sheitlach, two wear simple above shoulder length, the other two wear longer more "with it" shoulder length
two belong to a specific chassidus that doesn't have a mossed in Monsey, the other two are more heimish chassidish
all four women drive and they did so before they knew which school their DD would be attending

Thank you!! More Heimish chassidish as in Vien Pupa, Satmar, etc.?

amother
White

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 1:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!! More Heimish chassidish as in Vien Pupa, Satmar, etc.?

No, more heimish as in neutral, not belonging anywhere.

lalababy123

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 1:48 pm
Kesser is very solid Chassidish/heimish frum school. Excellent principals and teachers. Very very well run for a new school.. most parents are probably not on imamother:)
No major rules but very makpid on technology. Thrilled there.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 1:57 pm
lalababy123 wrote:
Kesser is very solid Chassidish/heimish frum school. Excellent principals and teachers. Very very well run for a new school.. most parents are probably not on imamother:)
No major rules but very makpid on technology. Thrilled there.

This thread is over 2 years old, I'm sure OP made her decision already...

lalababy123

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 2:23 pm
Whoops!! Someone forwarded link to me. Didn’t realize. Hope you are happy wherever you are!Smile

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 2:31 pm
Hey! So happy this thread came up. I’m Considering to send to kesser. Heard wonderful things.
I heard it’s Chassidish and honestly have a hard time with little stuff (like 3/4 year old wearing tights. Long sleeves.. are they strict about Tznius from a young age? It is a main focus.. like What’s the general mehaluch there?
Also I would love to hear more about.. academics- high/low?? How much are the girls learning and if a girl is struggling academically do they have a recourse room. Services like title 1, speech.. etc
Just curious- Do they have a camp?
Feel feee to share Anything You know firsthand. Thanks!!

amother
Melon

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 2:38 pm
I believe they are makpid with tights and long sleeves from the youngest age .
They are super strict with technology. Whoever I know that sends there got rid of their smart phones and don’t have access to WhatsApp like they used to .

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 2:42 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
Hey! So happy this thread came up. I’m Considering to send to kesser. Heard wonderful things.
I heard it’s Chassidish and honestly have a hard time with little stuff (like 3/4 year old wearing tights. Long sleeves.. are they strict about Tznius from a young age? It is a main focus.. like What’s the general mehaluch there?
Also I would love to hear more about.. academics- high/low?? How much are the girls learning and if a girl is struggling academically do they have a recourse room. Services like title 1, speech.. etc
Just curious- Do they have a camp?
Feel feee to share Anything You know firsthand. Thanks!!

Tzenuis rules like any other chassidish school.
Very strict about technology/smartphones.
The do not have a camp.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 12:25 am
They do have a day camp.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children