Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
ENTP or INFP?
Previous  1  2

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:42 am
There's a common misunderstanding about how to differentiate between introversion and extroversion.

People confuse introversion with shyness or wanting to keep to oneself. They think you ate an extrovert if you are loud and boisterous at a party.

In truth, introversion/extroversion describes where you draw your energy from. An introvert gets drained when she is in a stimulating environment with lots of people and/or noise..she recharges when she can go into her quiet, private space and just be with herself. An extrovert feels sapped of energy when she is alone with herself, and being with others gives her a boost of energy.

Introverts can be verbose and friendly in a crowd, and extroverts can be awkward and shy in a crowd.

So I agree with the poster who said that it should be fairly obvuous if you are I or E. They say 75% of people are Extrovets. Introverts are vastly outnumbered and misunderstood by the dominant extroverts.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:53 am
daagahminayin wrote:
Me too! I always considered myself an introvert, but have been getting more ENFP than INFP results in recent years. The last time I took it was through the site 16personalities.com. The profile for ENFP really matched me. Apparently it’s one of the more introverted of the extroverted types.

My enneagram is 4w5.

Hi, twin😂
I just took the enneagram test and looks like I’m 98% 4 but then also 82% 5 and 3

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 1:13 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
There's a common misunderstanding about how to differentiate between introversion and extroversion.

People confuse introversion with shyness or wanting to keep to oneself. They think you ate an extrovert if you are loud and boisterous at a party.

In truth, introversion/extroversion describes where you draw your energy from. An introvert gets drained when she is in a stimulating environment with lots of people and/or noise..she recharges when she can go into her quiet, private space and just be with herself. An extrovert feels sapped of energy when she is alone with herself, and being with others gives her a boost of energy.

Introverts can be verbose and friendly in a crowd, and extroverts can be awkward and shy in a crowd.

So I agree with the poster who said that it should be fairly obvuous if you are I or E. They say 75% of people are Extrovets. Introverts are vastly outnumbered and misunderstood by the dominant extroverts.

The thing is, I recharge both ways and can't handle too much of either 😂
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics