Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Twin boys more common?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 12:28 am
I have twin boys who are now 11, had a few more singleton boys and now Pregnant with twin girls

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 3:02 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I have twin boys who are now 11, had a few more singleton boys and now Pregnant with twin girls

Bshaa tova! Must be hard but so so cute!

Beyla

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 4:03 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
OH SO MUCH THIS!!!!! Personally I didn't do IVF, but this question feels so majorly intrusive and uncomfortable. It bothers me a lot when people ask this. Edit: My point is, regardless of yes/no, it's way too personal to ask someone randomly.

I always ask « how did you react when you heard the news? » I find it sooo exciting!!! 😍

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 4:46 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Well, according to science, identical twins do not run in families, which means that they would consider all those identical twins in your family to be a "fluke". Although according to my own unscientific observations, they do at times seem to run in families but I could not find any research supporting that at all! And IF treatment does not cause identical twins- only fraternal- since identical is an egg that split and not from two separate eggs.

I come from a very large extended family with kah many many grandchildren and great grandchildren, and there is only one set of twin great grandchildren out of all my grandmother's descendants, presumably as a result of IF treatment (fraternal twin boys). So, I would venture to say that twins do not run on this side of my family at all.

The only twins I've heard of recently are twin baby girls born less than two weeks ago.

Identical twins are also more common with IF treatments.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 5:28 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

Wow. Bshaa tova. Now that u know what you're in for, are u more nervous than your first set? My gg twins are over 3 now. Bh. I keep on thinking how ill react if I ever get to experience being a mother to twins again.

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 5:46 am
Beyla wrote:
I always ask « how did you react when you heard the news? » I find it sooo exciting!!! 😍

Nothing wrong with that! I loved that question, actually. I was thrilled out of my mind and felt like I won the lottery! I consciously memorized everything about the moment that I could. I wanted the excitement and happiness to last forever. 🥰

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 5:48 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Identical twins are also more common with IF treatments.

Never knew that but seems like you're right.

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 5:50 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

Bshaa tova!! People with multiple sets of twins and/or higher order multiples have my utmost respect and admiration. Magical unicorn parents. There’s no other way! 🥰
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more