Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Help. What to feed baby on Pesach?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 10:39 am
OP have you learned about food chaining for picky eaters with sensory aversions? Worth learning about.

Since he likes an oatmeal/chulent texture I would start experimenting now with converting your regular chulent to pesachdik. I recommend grating or blending the potatoes (sort of like yapchik) so you get that tiny pieces/unctuous mouthfeel that he likes. It’s a silkier feel than a regular chunk of potato so he may go for it. Rice and quinoa feel different than barley so he may not like them. This week you could do a blend of part barley part grated potato to get him used to the texture.

Also be prepared that he may end up nursing more than normal during Pesach and may stimulate a lot more milk production than normal. Make sure you’re well hydrated and eating well.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 11:04 am
singleagain wrote:
OP, where do you live, my tri state area grocery store has a decent kitnyiot section.

Do not live in Tri State area, thanks anyway.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 11:11 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
OP have you learned about food chaining for picky eaters with sensory aversions? Worth learning about.

Since he likes an oatmeal/chulent texture I would start experimenting now with converting your regular chulent to pesachdik. I recommend grating or blending the potatoes (sort of like yapchik) so you get that tiny pieces/unctuous mouthfeel that he likes. It’s a silkier feel than a regular chunk of potato so he may go for it. Rice and quinoa feel different than barley so he may not like them. This week you could do a blend of part barley part grated potato to get him used to the texture.

Also be prepared that he may end up nursing more than normal during Pesach and may stimulate a lot more milk production than normal. Make sure you’re well hydrated and eating well.

Wow! So much good advice here. Thank you so much everyone.

Never heard of food chaining but it makes sense. I think what you are telling me is to try to make the recipe similar in texture in order to transition him to the new food. Is that right?

My regular cholent is just beans and barley (no potatoes). I think beans are allowed for kitniyos? So will play around with grated potatoes and/ or barley.
I will make it for supper tonighg and see what happens Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 11:13 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Not really. My very allergic, very picky child will rather starve than eat something that she doesn't like/she's not in the mood of. She's extremely underweight.
OP, does your child like cake or cookies? There are actually quite a few egg free pesach recipes. I'm planning to make tons of baked goods for my child. Not particularly nutritious but at least she won't starve.

This is would definitly try!! Can you direct me to these egg free cookie/cake recipes please??

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 11:18 am
Yeah let us know how the chulent goes! If you have a spiralizer (for making zoodles) that would be ideal. Spiralize the potatoes then run them through a food processor to get “riced” size pieces.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 11:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is would definitly try!! Can you direct me to these egg free cookie/cake recipes please??

Use 1 applesauce cup per 2 eggs

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 12:34 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Use 1 applesauce cup per 2 eggs

This generally only works in recipes with 2-3 eggs, especially on Pesach.
OP, I don't have access to my recipes now. Maybe start a new thread requesting egg free pesach baked goods recipes and see if other Ima's can help.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics