Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Who is todays tzaddik?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 3:17 pm
I've read books about the Tosher Rebbe and how a big tzaddik he was, I read about the satmar Rebbe, the Lubavitcher Rebbe... I read Holy woman where there are two tzadikim one of them a lamed vav nik. I've read so many books of so many deceased tzadikim. And it makes me sad, who are today's tzaddiks? Lamed vav niks? Rabbonim who are known for their holy angelic avodas hashem, nissim and everything. I feel they are not there anymore and it makes me feel sad...

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 3:19 pm
It's me. Hi

[sorry I know this is a serious thread. carry on.]

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 3:20 pm
I agree that there seems to be so few left in our generation, but we still have some. Reb Chaim Kanievsky for one.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 3:57 pm
Every day, someone does something wonderful. It doesn't matter who gets the title. Maybe today, it's your turn to be today's tzaddik.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 4:04 pm
There are many tzadikim nistarim out there...

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 4:50 pm
Tzaddikim aren’t always public figures. Just saying.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 4:52 pm
If you mean gedolim, the most well known are probably R Kanievsky and R Shmuel Kamenetsky and R Gershon Edelstein in the non-Hasidic world

As far as tzadikim, there are many, Simple people like your neighbor or the lady on the bus.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 5:31 pm
I know that lots of tzadikim are not public figures... It's more I'm sad that I've never been zoche to meet such a holy rov or rebbe

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 6:17 pm
Sadly, the concept of yeridas hadoros is definitely present today. We cannot even fathom what the world was once like with the gedolim of past generations. But that's not to say that there are not chashuve gedolim of this generation.

Who is a tzaddik? Well, lots of people, I think at least! If I remember correctly the title of "tzaddik" or "rasha (chas v'shalom)" is not necessarily broad enough to describe a person entirely. I believe it refers to a specific lo saaseh or aseh. For example, if a person chas v'shalom speaks loshon hora, they're considered a rasha in terms of shmiras haloshon (and likely several other issurim that are involved...). However that doesn't make the person a full on rasha. I presume it is the same with the title of tzaddik to some degree.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 6:41 pm
The principal of my school. He would keep an eye on my drug addict father and make sure he didn't findy mother and kidnap me. He would testify in court for abused children and battered wives.

He wouldn't accept more than 5 dollars a month from widows.

He would pull children out of public school and find sponsors for their education.

He is terrible at running a business. But he's a hidden tzadik. No one even knows the depth of what he has done for everyone.

He even drop kicked a drug dealer who was hangimg outside the school.

If you pay attention you will find these tzadikim.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:14 pm
Rav Grossman from Migdal Haemek is a tzaddik

MitzadSheini

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:23 pm
There is a reason that the order of the parshiot is
Achrei Mot - Kedushim

zaq

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 9:02 am
The whole idea of lamedvovniks is that they’re hidden. If they’re acknowledged, they’re not lamedvovniks.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 9:59 am
Do you mean Gedolim or Tzaddikim? Someone mentioned up thread that there are still gedolim that we follow.

sneakermom

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 11:27 am
According to the Tanya it is rare for anyone to be an actual tzaddik. A tzaddik is defined as someone who conquered their yetzer hara and turned it into an ally in serving Hashem. Such a person has only good urges and is always connected to God.

This is so hard to do that’s it’s not even expected of us.

I imagine that lamod Vov tzaddikim to fill this catagory although you would never know.

Our job is to be a bein oni which is a person that works constantly to choose good over bad. Such a person has many tzaddik moments when they are one with God.

I think in today’s generation greatness lies in the small person. The power of the individual to face great challenges and change and grow.

And collectively we have a lot of that and that makes us a special generation. We are bringing in moshiach together.

It is time.

Roots

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 2:00 pm
thats a really interesting topic
there are many tzadikim, I would think rab yitzchak zilberstein, rav chaim kanievsy, rabi david abuchatzeira, the admor mi sanz, many chassidish admorim.
and some ppl you just find out how great they are after they are niftar...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics