Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cancun, Florida or Arizona trip with young children

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 3:08 pm
I am trying to plan a once in a lifetime trip for approximately 10 days with 2 very young children ages 6 and 2.
Which of these or any similar places would you recommend? I am looking where I can make the most of my money's worth. Would love to hear any input if any of you have done something like this.
I am pretty flexible about mostly everything. Mostly I need is a child friendly place and an amazing trip!

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 3:13 pm
Florida is most convenient with the most options of food and entertainment.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 3:22 pm
How old are the kids? What sort of activities are you looking to do

If under 5 stick to Florida. Beach, pool, zoos, parks, kosher food, shuls, no international travel.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 3:26 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
How old are the kids? What sort of activities are you looking to do

If under 5 stick to Florida. Beach, pool, zoos, parks, kosher food, shuls, no international travel.

Thanks. I updated my post to include their ages. Age 6 and 2.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 3:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. I updated my post to include their ages. Age 6 and 2.

Definitely Florida. Cancun and Arizona might get boring for young kids. In Florida you can stay in Miami for afew days then travel to Orlando for the rest of your stay. There's more to do in Florida.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 3:50 pm
Neither Mexico nor Arizona makes sense for these ages: they don’t care about Mayan ruins (Mexico) or the Grand Canyon (Arizona) If you’re going for the beach go to Florida and if you’re going for the pool go to Florida. Also you don’t need to deal with jet lag.

If you don’t plan to do beach or pool, what sorts of activities do you like to do?

Also if I may ask why 10 days? That just seems like a LONG time to be off routines and schedules. Living in a hotel room
Can get old quickly (so can eating in restaurants with small kids who may not be able to behave) id shorten the trip. Also why once In a lifetime?

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 3:50 pm
I have a gone to Florida and Arizona with my kids. Florida is best.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 4:26 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Neither Mexico nor Arizona makes sense for these ages: they don’t care about Mayan ruins (Mexico) or the Grand Canyon (Arizona) If you’re going for the beach go to Florida and if you’re going for the pool go to Florida. Also you don’t need to deal with jet lag.

If you don’t plan to do beach or pool, what sorts of activities do you like to do?

Also if I may ask why 10 days? That just seems like a LONG time to be off routines and schedules. Living in a hotel room
Can get old quickly (so can eating in restaurants with small kids who may not be able to behave) id shorten the trip. Also why once In a lifetime?

Thanks for the info! It doesn't have to be 10 days... can be up to 10 days. Also it doesn't have be to be it will only once in a lifetime, I hope it won't! But this is the first opportunity I have in many years to make everything fall into place and make this happen, schedules, financially etc. so I want to make this a very special, all out trip.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 4:35 pm
How are your kids worn wearing masks for long. Periods of time? If you’re all ok with it then they are at the perfect age for Disney but it’s also very expensive

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:25 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

Arizona is not only the Grand Canyon. When I went to Arizona I stayed in Phoenix and there is a TON to do.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 5:30 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Arizona is not only the Grand Canyon. When I went to Arizona I stayed in Phoenix and there is a TON to do.

What activities would you suggest for a family with 4 year old and 6 year old in Arizona?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 6:20 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
How are your kids worn wearing masks for long. Periods of time? If you’re all ok with it then they are at the perfect age for Disney but it’s also very expensive

Masks are no longer required in Florida.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 7:27 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Masks are no longer required in Florida.

You better believe Disney World mandates masks. All the theme parks do.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Mar 18 2021, 10:08 pm
Florida

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 2:34 am
Thanks all! Which parks would you recommend. Is it worth it to do both Disney and Universal?
What about a drive to keywest? Anyone did that? Is it worth it?

doctorima

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 8:32 am
The drive to Key West is stunning, but it's long and slow going, so I wouldn't do it with little kids. If you do go, there's a beautiful park called Bahia Honda State Park along the route, but it's most of the way to Key West.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 8:33 am
I’ve done the drive to key west but wouldn’t recommend with kids. There’s nothing there for young Kids that you can’t do in Miami ;beaches, water sports)

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 7:57 am
We have very small children and the easiest, closest (if you are in NY area) and not super pricey is puerto rico. Pots kosher food in supermarket and beautiful chabad (also sells meals and great shabbos food) lots airbnb options with pools right on beach, rainforest with easier trails that the kids loved, pirate ships, other boat rides, etc. Really loved it

Rappel

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 10:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks all! Which parks would you recommend. Is it worth it to do both Disney and Universal?
What about a drive to keywest? Anyone did that? Is it worth it?

We were more of the nature-nut variety, but on the west coast there is Myakka River State Park, which is gorgeous and interesting. There's also Busch Gardens, which is a great amusement park. Mangrove walks, catching fiddler crabs and sand lice, beaches so soft they feel like flour.. there's plenty and more to do
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics