Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
San diego family vacation

dolly

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 10:59 pm
anyone know the best place to stay in san diego and have any promotion codes for sea world?

su7kids

Post Mon, Dec 24 2007, 11:22 pm
I have never heard of promotion codes for Seaworld, unless you buy an Entertainment Book.

The best place to stay depends on what you're looking for.

If you want luxury, there are many options. If you want ocean, there are many options, if you want to be near the kosher restaurants and shuls, that's a whole different story.

When will you be here, and what specifically are you looking for? Or don't you care, and maybe you'll get a good hotel price on priceline?

dolly

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 9:17 am
are there nice hotels near kosher restaurant and shul?

my plan is to drive into san diego sunday till thursday morning.
I'd like to take the kids to sea world lego land, and the wild like or zoo.
I got prom codes for all but sea world.

should I stay closer to the area of the attractions or closer to kosher food?
would anyone know how far apart it is?

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 9:36 am
call up sea world and ask where you might get hold of promotions so that you may visit their attractions while on vacation ...

every state should have a tourist info center with a tel # that you can also call and ask for any promotions ...

pack a cooler with vacuum sealed deli meats, have cans of tuna and things like peanut butter and crackers - for the times you are not near restaurants ...

send my regards to shamu & have FUN!!!

happyone

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 11:01 am
We were at the Catamaran which is 1/2 block off the beach and is magnificent. The place is really clean with beautiful grounds in the back.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 11:15 am
My parents and their friends go to San Diego for a month every year. They all stay at the Best Western Lamplighter Inn.

purplpen

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 11:19 am
We were in san Diego in the summerfor a family simcha. The food was taken care of so im not sure about the restaurants however we did stay in Embassy Suites which was very nice. There are like 2 seperate rooms in each hotel room since there is a door in the middle.

We went to sea world and used our AAA card and got a discount.
Fell free to ask more questions.

su7kids

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 11:56 am
dolly wrote:
are there nice hotels near kosher restaurant and shul?

my plan is to drive into san diego sunday till thursday morning.
I'd like to take the kids to sea world lego land, and the wild like or zoo.
I got prom codes for all but sea world.

should I stay closer to the area of the attractions or closer to kosher food?
would anyone know how far apart it is?

The places near the restaurants and shul are MOTELS. They're not luxurious. They serve a purpose.

If you're not going to be there on Shabbos, and you have a car, then you can stay anywhere. Nothing in S. Diego is more than about 15 minutes away from anything. Except Legoland and the Wild Animal Park, they're up two different freeways, and are about 3/4 an hour with no traffic from the Kosher Restaurants.

by the way, I found this:

http://www.mousesavers.com/sea.....romos

catonmylap

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 12:05 pm
We went a few years ago. We stayed at a Best Western that was near the Jewish area.

We did a day trip to La Jolla. I thought that was the best thing we did there.

Take your passports if you want to go to Mexico.

ss321

Post Sun, Dec 30 2007, 12:55 am
hi, so I was wondering if anyone has been to any of the restaurants in san diego recently. which ones are good? I havent been to san diego in years. also, how far is la jolla? is there anything jewish near: Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
One Market Place,
San Diego, California, USA 92101
Im going to a conference there in a couple months, and it would be nice to have food or stuff....
also any recommendations for car rental companies in the area taht are reasonably priced??
thanks in advance...

su7kids

Post Sun, Dec 30 2007, 1:02 am
ss321 wrote:
hi, so I was wondering if anyone has been to any of the restaurants in san diego recently. which ones are good? I havent been to san diego in years. also, how far is la jolla? is there anything jewish near: Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
One Market Place,
San Diego, California, USA 92101
Im going to a conference there in a couple months, and it would be nice to have food or stuff....
also any recommendations for car rental companies in the area taht are reasonably priced??
thanks in advance...

That is directly across the street from Chabad of Downtown. They have a weekday minyan and a Shabbos minyan.

La Jolla is a neighborhood of S. Diego, from there its not far.

The only restaurants available are:
The Place - meat
The Dairy Place - dairy
Orly's Cafe and Bakery

www.sandiegokosher.com
and
www.orlyscafe.com

The Place also has a grocery store. I believe in downtown their is an Albertsons which has a nice selection of kosher products, but The Place may deliver.

Also, if your conference is providing meals, you can ask them to get meals for you, and specify that you want it from The Place, and if you need more information, you can either ask here or PM me.

dolly

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 9:35 am
I am trying to book a hotel for san diego through priceline.
anyone know what area I should be asking for.
from what I read mission bay is what I'm looking for but I have no clue where that is or if thats the right area to stay at?

su7kids

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 11:15 am
dolly wrote:
I am trying to book a hotel for san diego through priceline.
anyone know what area I should be asking for.
from what I read mission bay is what I'm looking for but I have no clue where that is or if thats the right area to stay at?

There's Mission Bay and Mission Valley and both are good.
Mission Valley is what we call the Hotel Circle, but its not very touristy or fun to be at, but not far from anywhere if you have a car.

Mission Bay is on the water and its gorgeous there. Also, not far from anywhere.

dolly

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 2:21 pm
su7kids, thanks so much for all your info.!
I'm being advised from a family member to stay closer to the kosher food
area being that I'm travelling with 3 kids and spend the time travelling to the attractions.
what area would I would to be in in that case?

su7kids

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 3:37 pm
dolly wrote:
su7kids, thanks so much for all your info.!
I'm being advised from a family member to stay closer to the kosher food
area being that I'm travelling with 3 kids and spend the time travelling to the attractions.
what area would I would to be in in that case?

Look for Best Western Lamplighter - call them directly at 619-582-3088 They also include a continental breakfast which is kosher if you don't keep chalav yisroel, but the bagels are pas yisroel.

Its a motel, across the street from the meat restaurant and on the same block as the dairy one.

If you have a car, I'm not so sure it matters, but see if they have something for you.

Are you going to be here (SD) over Shabbos?

Racheli

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 11:04 pm
What are the top 5 outdoorsy things to do with kids in San Diego?

su7kids

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 11:09 pm
1. Seaworld
2. Zoo
3. Torrey Pines hike
4. Beach
5. Belmont Park

benny

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 11:32 pm
If you really want to stay someplace beautiful try to get a hotel on coronado. (you can get it on priceline) Its its own island and its really gorgeous. Not too far from restaurants either. The food in the restaurants was pretty decent too. Have fun!

cheryl4kids

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 9:26 pm
Kids also love Legoland - depending on the age.

The Wild Animal Park is also one of my kids favorites.

Enjoy - San Diego is beautiful and a great place to vacation with kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics