Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What is wrong with my blanket?!?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 9:36 am
My blanket keeps moving inside the blanket cover and it is annoying me. I keep shaking it and making sure the corners are all in place, but after one sleep, it’s all over the place again. Am I doing something wrong?

exaustedmom

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 9:56 am
Is it the correct size?

Amarante

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:03 am
You aren't doing anything wrong. It is why I loathe duvet covers - technically blankets don't have covers.

There are fixes in terms of snaps, internal ties or other ways you can attach to the corner of the quilt/blanket to the duvet/quilt/blanket cover.

Even if it is the right size my experience is that it will find its way down and I am left clutching a thin piece of cotton.

It's actually why people use top sheets as traditionally top sheets are used when the blanket/quilt is used without a duvet cover. You wash the top sheet and so the blanket/quilt itself isn't next to the body so you wash the blanket/quilt perhaps once a year instead of weekly like a duvet cover or sheet that is next to the body.

I grew up in a household that didn't know from top sheets as my mother had only been exposed to duvet and duvet covers. This was back before they were commercially available because the standard was top and bottom sheets. The first time I went to summer camp, they gave us two sheets and told us that we were to give them the "bottom" sheet and then use the top sheet for the bottom. I had no idea what they meant and just used two sheets on the bottom and would give them the one on the bottom and put the new one on top when they gave me one new clean sheet from the laundry.

Last edited by Amarante on Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:06 am
Duvet covers can do that. Super annoying.

Some have strings in the corners to tie the comforters into place. If you don't have that maybe ask a seamstress to put them in.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:07 am
You might need a new blanket. I got blankets two years ago and they make them bigger now so they say better in the covers

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 11:19 am
That happened to me all the time. You can sew buttons on to the four corners of your blanket, and see four button holes in the interior corners of the blanket cover. Then just button them up, and they won't move.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 11:59 am
The size of the blanket needs to match the size of the duvet cover.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 3:37 pm
What material is the cover made of? I found my pure polyester set (that I got as a gift) just slid around. I went out and bought a 100% cotton set and never had an issue after that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics