Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Clean wood cabinets

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 5:54 pm
Hi,
Any recommendations for best way to clean outside of dark wood cabinets?
Cabinets are a few years old tried doing spray for wood cabinet ,just plain dish soap,nothing really helps
Should I stain them ?
Any recommendations for something I can apply that is not so time consuming since I need to use my kitchen ASAP (can’t do something where I need to remove cabinets ,wait a few hours etc)
Thank you!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 5:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,
Any recommendations for best way to clean outside of dark wood cabinets?
Cabinets are a few years old tried doing spray for wood cabinet ,just plain dish soap,nothing really helps
Should I stain them ?
Any recommendations for something I can apply that is not so time consuming since I need to use my kitchen ASAP (can’t do something where I need to remove cabinets ,wait a few hours etc)
Thank you!

What happens when you wash them with wood spray or clean them with a dish soap solution? What are you trying to get off?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 6:02 pm
There are these marks that just don’t come off,when I clean with wood spray it looks nice and shiny for a little and then it goes back to looking like it’s dirty even though I just cleaned it .

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 6:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There are these marks that just don’t come off,when I clean with wood spray it looks nice and shiny for a little and then it goes back to looking like it’s dirty even though I just cleaned it .

Any way you can post a picture? Trying to figure out if they are spots that had stains and some of the finish ate away.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 6:51 pm
Is it grease stains over oven?
For grease I mix baking soda and dish soap and water and scrub with toothbrush.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry