Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Yaakov schools interview Bp 14th ave

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 12:37 am
Where would I go for an interview? The building on 14th ? The main entrance? Anybody knows how long it would take? And what the process is like? When would they tell me if my kid is excepted?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 12:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where would I go for an interview? The building on 14th ? The main entrance? Anybody knows how long it would take? And what the process is like? When would they tell me if my kid is excepted?

Enter at 1371 46th Street. You might have to wait a bit once you get in but interview should take about half hour. They'll let you know then about when they'll contact you.

professor

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 12:53 am
Go into the main entrance, it's between 13 and 14 (I think 1361 or 1363?) Where the security guard sits. Go up the steps, open the main door and turn left. Go through the door and there's a long hallway with offices. The 1st office is the A1 office where you discuss tuition. Go to the A7 office I think. For the interview.

My brain: go to sleep
Me: I'm HELPING people, K?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 9:04 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Enter at 1371 46th Street. You might have to wait a bit once you get in but interview should take about half hour. They'll let you know then about when they'll contact you.

I heard ur being interviewed by 3 people and that could take like 3-4 hours. Thats not true?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 9:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I heard ur being interviewed by 3 people and that could take like 3-4 hours. Thats not true?

It's not interviewed by 3-4 people, it's one interview that takes like 20 minutes, and then you meet Rabbi Frank to sign that your child won't go on the internet, and then you meet someone to sign a tuition contract.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 9:52 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
It's not interviewed by 3-4 people, it's one interview that takes like 20 minutes, and then you meet Rabbi Frank to sign that your child won't go on the internet, and then you meet someone to sign a tuition contract.

Is this a preschool or elementary interview?

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 9:54 am
professor wrote:
Go into the main entrance, it's between 13 and 14 (I think 1361 or 1363?) Where the security guard sits. Go up the steps, open the main door and turn left. Go through the door and there's a long hallway with offices. The 1st office is the A1 office where you discuss tuition. Go to the A7 office I think. For the interview.

My brain: go to sleep
Me: I'm HELPING people, K?

A5= Miriam Berg=preschool

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 10:15 am

Sounds better! And when do they tell u that your child is eccepted?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 10:15 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Is this a preschool or elementary interview?

My kid is 3

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 10:17 am

Also, funny question, does my husband need to put on his suit? Or its okay if he goes with his daily coat/jacket?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 10:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Also, funny question, does my husband need to put on his suit? Or its okay if he goes with his daily coat/jacket?

Either way is fine. My husband wore his suit jacket over his work polo.
I gave them a deposit right then, it was assumed I was accepted. They told me they'll mail the packet in the summer.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 10:36 am
Either way is fine. My husband wore his suit jacket over his work polo.
I gave them a deposit right then, it was assumed I was accepted. They told me they'll mail the packet in the summer.

And they sent you the packet how long before the school year started?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 11:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And they sent you the packet how long before the school year started?

Like a month or two.
I remember A1 office (or possibly another office) telling me not to worry about it. I may have gotten other mail before though, asking for a health form and if I need transportation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics