Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
If you have 3 kids in a van

Blumy

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:12 am
Where do u put your kids when you go on a big trip? If they're all the way in the back I cant reach them but want it to be roomy also so don't wanna have them all in the front. what is a good arrangement? I was thinking of putting my baby in the middle seat behind me. WHat abt the 2 other kids ages 3 and 5?

pbandjelly

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:16 am
I have all three kids in the middle row. We leave the back seat down so we have a larger trunk.

Blumy

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:18 am
You don't feel like it's a waste of a van? Why cant you do that in a car?

Blessing1

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:29 am
The baby is always in the middle seat and my 2 oldest take chances being in the back. They like being in the back so sometimes they're both in the back. When we take long trips, they each have a bag with drinks, snacks, tissues, activities so I don't have to keep giving them things.

Blumy

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:32 am
Blessing1 wrote:
The baby is always in the middle seat and my 2 oldest take chances being in the back. They like being in the back so sometimes they're both in the back. When we take long trips, they each have a bag with drinks, snacks, tissues, activities so I don't have to keep giving them things.

I like that idea:) Do you go to the back at all throughout the trip?

pbandjelly

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:34 am
We need the extra trunk space. (It's great for changing kids, we keep a potty back there for longer trips...) It's also great when bring bikes, strollers etc and there is still room for other stuff.

Also the van is wider than a car. Three car seats would be super squishy in a car. Another plus is the automatic sliding doors. It's great for getting the kids in and out of the car every day.

We are iyh expecting a fourth so will have to rearrange the van at that point.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:34 am
Blumy wrote:
I like that idea:) Do you go to the back at all throughout the trip?

No, why? They have everything they need.

silverlining3

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:38 am
We had an 8 passenger and all 3 kids were behind us. Putting down a seat to be able to crawl in Didn't make sense to me.

Now we have a 7 passenger. 2 kids in the back and toddler in the seat behind us. I kind of like it more actually, less noise direct in my ear. Also kids don't fight who should sit in the center (in the back They each sit by the window), and no complains about baby touching them too much. Works well for us.

Blumy

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:40 am
silverlining3 wrote:
We had an 8 passenger and all 3 kids were behind us. Putting down a seat to be able to crawl in Didn't make sense to me.

Now we have a 7 passenger. 2 kids in the back and toddler in the seat behind us. I kind of like it more actually, less noise direct in my ear. Also kids don't fight who should sit in the center (in the back They each sit by the window), and no complains about baby touching them too much. Works well for us.

And what do you do when a kid needs a drink or needs lunch?

silverlining3

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:43 am
They usually each have a water bottle by their side. Longer trips we tend to stop, I give them then lunch. Snacks I throw to them (and sometimes water bottle too, if forgot)

elisheva25

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 10:47 am
I have 3 kids and minivan ... we got it when kids were younger cuz I was always doing carpool.
Kids are older and we still have carpool sometimes
They use the middle row often and back is empty now for family trips.
Sometimes though one kid likes to go to the back.
When we go in my husbands car , kids hate it because they feel squashed .
Also Iy”h I am having baby number 4 so def much better that we already have a van

Blumy

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 11:01 am
silverlining3 wrote:
They usually each have a water bottle by their side. Longer trips we tend to stop, I give them then lunch. Snacks I throw to them (and sometimes water bottle too, if forgot)

I like the idea of giving them a water bottle but I also don't like it cuz then they will drink a lot and need the bathroom. We don't like to make too many stops..

mommy12

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 12:32 pm
When we had infants and toddlers, I used to sometimes sit in the middle so I could reach all the kids. Now the two older kids sit in back with whatever they need and the younger is in the middle. I toss snacks to the back when they want them. Lunch and bigger items they wait until we get to a rest stop.

silverlining3

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 12:41 pm
Blumy wrote:
I like the idea of giving them a water bottle but I also don't like it cuz then they will drink a lot and need the bathroom. We don't like to make too many stops..

We also don't like to stops too often. I make sure they use the bathroom before we leave. And then in car, when they start drinking, I always remind them not to drink too much cuz they'll need in the bathroom. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics