Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Self cleaning oven
Previous  1  2

Dina2018

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 2:32 pm
I was told to clean wait for 24 hours then run self cleaning cycle

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 11:58 am
I think everyone needs to ask. The Rav I asked right wing yeshivish said it's not at all necessary to wait 24 hours in a self cleaning oven. He said I can use for Chometz right beforehand. I bH did it. I guess was lot of build-up cuz doesn't look so clean on bottom. There's a thick layer of whitish . doesn't wipe off easily. I'd love to get it off even just for the look of a clean oven... Thanks everyone

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 12:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think everyone needs to ask. The Rav I asked right wing yeshivish said it's not at all necessary to wait 24 hours in a self cleaning oven. He said I can use for Chometz right beforehand. I bH did it. I guess was lot of build-up cuz doesn't look so clean on bottom. There's a thick layer of whitish . doesn't wipe off easily. I'd love to get it off even just for the look of a clean oven... Thanks everyone

It's not considered chometz.
After pesach you can work toward getting it off.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 23 2021, 12:11 pm
Thanks! Ye I know not Chometz. I'd like to try before it bakes in to get some off. Any advice on how to get it off?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics